Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Let's share our successes

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-23, 07:16 AM
kunoichi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Let's share our successes

I've read several of the before/after type threads. But I'd love to see one where everyone lists their starting ability vs. what they can ride now. Were you only able to go around the block but now you ride 2-day bikepacking trips? That kind of thing. My first ride yesterday in over a year was one where I only made two accomplishments- I actually got out there, and 2. I rode it. But after ten minutes the leg pain was so bad I had to stop (It's not exercise-induced burn. It feels different, and I get it with walking too, if I have to walk any length of time).. Anyway, I'm telling myself that in a month maybe I'll go to twenty minutes, and by this time next year I'll be rocking it, but until then I want to live vicariously through others.
Likes For kunoichi:
Old 01-22-23, 09:08 AM
jmitchelltfo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Achievable, realistic goals might be smaller or less significant to others but are definitely no less important.

I hopped on an old bike of mine back in August of 2022 and rode six miles with my son. My backside was hurting before mile one was even finished, and my legs felt like jello during the first climb that exceeded five degrees.

I've been commuting 24 miles per day since September of 2022. I'm hoping to finish my first 50 mile ride in the next month or two and ride a century by this next fall.