Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

4K cameras in the Pro races ?

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Old 07-31-22, 07:06 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts

Just watching the Classico San Sebastian (GCN webcast), and I am blown away by the VIDEO !
Especially notable/noticeable in the segments where dynamic range is always a challenge, sunny days where the riders/race is going thru deep woods sections.
There's WAY MORE tonal dynamic range throughout the whole video feed. Much more like what the human eye does to adapt to changing light.
Whatever organization they used for the moto camera feed - it's crazy good!
The really sunny stuff is still a bit blown out, but the shade and the color quality is so much more natural !
I'm really impressed how good this looks! Big part of this is not just the cameras, but the compression algorithm being used to get this large data load from the moto/camera to the receiver.
sortta like the latest grade of 'carbon fiber' for mobile video tranmission... LOL !
Ride On
Yuri