Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Lectric xp 2.0 long range

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 09-25-22, 05:45 AM
rvman

Bikes: Jamis commuter 2 , engwe EP-2 Pro 750 watt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 21 Posts

I think I've decided on the Lectric XP 2.0 long range (bigger battery) bike. I was also considering the EUY NXB, and the ENGWE 750 watt bike. I'm new to the ebike scene, but believe I would benefit from one. There are so many choices out there. I'm 220lbs and 6'-1", and my riding will be mostly pleasure, exercise, errands, exploring, and also taking it with us when RV camping. My AO is E TN hilly and mountainous. All I can do to assist myself in my decision is from what I read, and watch. After all that I think the xp 2.0 long range fits the bill. Am I on the right track here ? I'd love to hear your opinions.
Likes For rvman:
Old 09-25-22, 09:41 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
I think it's by far the best deal in e-bikes, Lectric seems well established and I recommended one to my son (he purchased one - loves it). My only concern would be that at 6'1" it might be difficult for you to pedal (especially if you need full extension of your knees to pedal efficiently - my son is 5'10"). You should test ride first IMO.
Old 09-25-22, 09:47 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
the xp is not going to be a great hill climber and not the greatest for exercise. the gearing as usual sucks and it has not got the power. but it has the best service.
Old 09-25-22, 10:53 AM
rvman

Originally Posted by 2old
I think it's by far the best deal in e-bikes, Lectric seems well established and I recommended one to my son (he purchased one - loves it). My only concern would be that at 6'1" it might be difficult for you to pedal (especially if you need full extension of your knees to pedal efficiently - my son is 5'10"). You should test ride first IMO.
I'd like to test ride, but here in E. TN ebikes are not very abundant here. None in the LBS except full size, which I don't want. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by rvman; 09-25-22 at 11:05 AM.
Likes For rvman:
Old 09-25-22, 10:59 AM
rvman

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
the xp is not going to be a great hill climber and not the greatest for exercise. the gearing as usual sucks and it has not got the power. but it has the best service.
Thanks for the info. Its tough trying to make my 1st informed purchase on something that has a lot of variables. Im also re-visitig the engwe xp pro2 (750 watt) plus a second 13 ah battery for $1100.00. With the extra battery I think this will definitely work. It's a heavy bike though, but I believe 80% of my time I won't be folding it or moving it much. It'll stay in the shop. Jeez! idk. Been fun researching for the past week though.

Last edited by rvman; 09-25-22 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-25-22, 02:43 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by rvman
Thanks for the info. Its tough trying to make my 1st informed purchase on something that has a lot of variables. Im also re-visitig the engwe xp pro2 (750 watt) plus a second 13 ah battery for $1100.00. With the extra battery I think this will definitely work. It's a heavy bike though, but I believe 80% of my time I won't be folding it or moving it much. It'll stay in the shop. Jeez! idk. Been fun researching for the past week though.
The freewheel on the rear motor is horribly geared (as most are in this price range). It's 14t-28t. I'd recommend swapping it out for an 11t-32t freewheel. This will give you more top end speed, to help keep cadence with the motor at higher speeds, as well as better lower gearing for hills. The best part is it's an inexpensive performance boost. Swapping the crankarms/chainring would be more expensive, and only benifit the max speed you can attain, and not help with hills.

​​​​​​https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BTIEGR4V3&th=1

Old 09-27-22, 07:15 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
There are E bicycles out there that are meant to be pedaled without power or low power and E bicycles that are meant for mostly throttling. If a bicycle has large diameter tires, a modest battery and high range gearing, It's probably meant more for exercise and pedaling. If the bike has small diameter fat tires, poor gear range and a rear hub motor its probably built more for throttling and would pedal like a pig. Before you buy it, pedal it without power. If it feels like a bicycle, it's probably meant for pedaling. Don't get stuck with a pig to pedal if leisure pedaling and exercise are in your mix.
East TN has a high number of narrow roads without shoulders with punchy short hills. Where E TN is flat, is where all the traffic is. A mid drive bike will do the trick much better than a hub drive and a hub drive with small fat tires might leave you walking up hills. E TN is a tough place to ride a bike period.
Old 09-27-22, 01:38 PM
rvman

East TN is tough for sure. Thanks for the info
as far as exercise goes, i should have said lite exercise. Im done trashing my knees on climbs, but I still want some resistance. Not knowing a thing about ebikes until a week ago didn't help my decision process, but I'll make it work. The new engwe EP 2 Pro will be here Saturday. Can't wait.
Likes For rvman:
Old 09-27-22, 04:55 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by rvman
East TN is tough for sure. Thanks for the info
as far as exercise goes, i should have said lite exercise. Im done trashing my knees on climbs, but I still want some resistance. Not knowing a thing about ebikes until a week ago didn't help my decision process, but I'll make it work. The new engwe EP 2 Pro will be here Saturday. Can't wait.
It's fast, but not the best when it comes to hilly terrain,...
​​​​​​
Old 09-28-22, 07:10 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Okay, I watched the full video. I believe that the bike probably is a 750-watt nominal motor, but the battery technology will not support the 750 watts. Probably only 500-600 watts max. A higher end battery would deliver better performance. Expect about 20-25 miles out of the bike before the battery cuts out. This is pretty much a throttle bike and even throttles above 20 mph max for class 2. 20 lb of air in the tires is too much. More like 15 will deliver a better ride. The 20" wheels do not roll over things very well so stay away from chuck holes and curbs and off road. That stem is small and would not help at all in rolling over rough stuff.
It's really hard to know if the bike will deliver the goods for you. Great bike for RV campground.
Old 09-28-22, 07:24 AM
rvman

Time will tell I reckon. Here's the road in front of my house that I will be riding on. Not terribly steep, just some rollers. It's 5 miles to town from here, and that will be where I ride to most. I can pull all of these hills wirh my 12 sp folder, and my jamis commuter, so I'm hoping it will get me up these hills for say a 15 mile ride. I ordered a 2nd 13ah battery to extend my distance. Not trying to do the tour de France here, just taking it easy and enjoying my surroundings without needing an oxygen bottle on board

Likes For rvman:
Old 09-28-22, 07:49 AM
KPREN

Typical West Appalachian plateau, no shoulder and death on both sides if you hit it fast. For that I prefer my 30" tall 4.8" wide tires and off-road geometry if I have to hit the ditch. Many roads here in East Ohio are just like this.
Wear bright cloths. That short black bike will look just like a mailbox to a driver until they are right on top of you and realize you are actually on the road. Best is to wear the local jail garb. They will give you a wider birth if you do.
Old 09-28-22, 06:18 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Check out this ebike that's available on Amazon, as well as their own website. It's a 750w motor, with 3 choices of battey (up to 20ah!). It's a Billy goat!
Old 10-03-22, 09:59 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Looks like there's a coupon to reduce the price by $300. I'm not looking into it since my stable (quiver or whatever) is full.