Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Galli brakeset and levers. New!!

Old 11-07-22, 10:18 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1078 Post(s)
Liked 1,801 Times in 655 Posts
Galli brakeset and levers. New!!

Never understood Galli. Is it a poor man’s campy?

seems they have the same looking stuff, even when Campy had the patents.
Old 11-07-22, 10:40 AM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 532 Posts
Generally Galli's finish and quality certainly does not match Campagnolo, but in many areas they get close.
You might say that Galli is about the same level of quality and finish as the better and best of French components, as they did use a lot of French stuff (like cranksets and pedals) that they re-branded as part of their gruppos.
As for the brakeset pictured, it looks very much like the sidepulls made by Italian manufacturer, Universal (Especially at the double jointed quick release mdchNism at the calipers.), which is also considered a step below Campagnolo.
Old 11-07-22, 10:57 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1078 Post(s)
Liked 1,801 Times in 655 Posts
kinda figured.

So, what are these worth?

I think someone who is searching for GALLI components might want them more than me who tends to stick with one brand so parts are compatible.

Robert
Old 11-07-22, 11:35 AM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 532 Posts
Not worth as much as A Campy brakeset like the NR, in the same condition, but certainly not worth peanuts.
I think at NOS mint condition like that, maybe 300 bucks max. If it does not have good lever hoods, you might knock off up to 40 bucks from that price, as I suspect, it will be pretty hard to find original Galli hoods for those levers.
Best to sell the set to a collector thst might be trying to complete a bike with a Galli gruppo to get the max price out of it.
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 11-08-22, 01:11 AM
URCinelliIsFake

Bikes: '88 Colnago Carbon Volo, '89 Colnago SLX Spiral Conic, '91 Colnago Master Olympic, '94 Colnago BiTitan, '99 Colnago Titanio, '89 Cinelli Su Misura MTB, '90 Cinelli Su Misura MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Little over $100

These sell on evilBay for around $100. They are nice looking though; kinda like early Superbe.
Likes For URCinelliIsFake:
Old 11-08-22, 09:47 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
In nice nos condition with the original box packing in good shape I think you should be able to get $100 or so here on the Forums or $150 on ebay.