Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Ventum NS1 Racing Bike Review(awful)

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 05-04-21, 02:53 PM
Elduderino2412
Tour De French Fries

Bikes: 2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is same frame as the electronic shifting version. NS1 is just the mechanical bike

Specs: Built with 105(was going to change to Force), aerobars($300), 105 disc brakes

Review: This bike weighs as much as a tank. 24.5 pounds for a large out of the box. I was going to upgrade parts to get down to 16ish pounds, but the frame and aerobars are way too heavy.
Frame is cheap carbon open Chinese cast. The seatpost design is awful. You can't change seatpost out, so you are stuck with it.

I tried to return the bike, but they wouldn't take it back. It was supposed to be retrunable if i didnt ride it. They said since i put it together that counted as riding the bike.

Worst bike buying experience I've ever had. Not sure what made me go with an unknown expensive brand, but i did. I ended up losing about $1500 for a bike i never rode, after i sold it on eBay.

Long story short stay far away from this company. Ventumracing is website.
Old 05-04-21, 04:06 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
I'm gonna ask some questions.

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...-frameset-2019

This large Ventum NS1 apparently weighs 1800g for the frame, fork, headset, seatpost, bar and stem. That is on par with a Tarmac. Do you have a contrary number?

i'm also curious as to how a bike that weighs 15lbs in its top build could possibly weigh 24.x lbs in any reasonable build. Unless the "aero bars" (you mean skis/TT bars right?) are like 6lbs.

How did you determine just by looking at the frame that it was china open mold?
Old 05-04-21, 06:53 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Me too. Not sure how you can buy a frame like that and not figure out that it uses a proprietary seatpost. Also not sure why you'd want to put aerobars on a bike w/ that geometry, but whatever blows your skirt up I guess.