Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Keto diet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-21, 02:07 AM
benhlth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not on keto properly but I have tried. Maybe some can help.
Old 11-11-21, 08:00 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked 465 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by benhlth
I am not on keto properly but I have tried. Maybe some can help.
Not necessarily Keto but the diet that worked for me was low carb. I lost 160lbs and have kept it off 3 years. I ate no sugar as an added ingredient in anything. No bread or grain in any form, no rice, pasta or potatoes at all. I had fruit only a couple times a week and in small amounts. I ate all the meat, and vegetables I wanted. I lost 10-15lbs a month and went from 360lbs to 180lbs. I am 6'2 and was 50 years old when I started dieting.

Trying to test ketones and all that was too much work for me. I was religiously strict on my no sugar in anything and no bread or grain in anything for 2 years. I never even had a cheat meal or tasted a candy bar for 2 years. I cheat occasionally now but weigh myself every day. If I start gaining a few pounds as a trend then I get strict again until I get those few pounds back off. Good luck.
Likes For RH Clark:
Old 11-15-21, 04:24 AM
benhlth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
Not necessarily Keto but the diet that worked for me was low carb. I lost 160lbs and have kept it off 3 years. I ate no sugar as an added ingredient in anything. No bread or grain in any form, no rice, pasta or potatoes at all. I had fruit only a couple times a week and in small amounts. I ate all the meat, and vegetables I wanted. I lost 10-15lbs a month and went from 360lbs to 180lbs. I am 6'2 and was 50 years old when I started dieting.

Trying to test ketones and all that was too much work for me. I was religiously strict on my no sugar in anything and no bread or grain in anything for 2 years. I never even had a cheat meal or tasted a candy bar for 2 years. I cheat occasionally now but weigh myself every day. If I start gaining a few pounds as a trend then I get strict again until I get those few pounds back off. Good luck.
Thanks for sharing