Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Framebuilders near Omaha?

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Old 10-28-21, 11:16 AM
pstake 

Bikes: Which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Hello, I'm hoping to find a framebuilders driving distance from Omaha. I would like to hire someone to give me some pointers on brazing. Local welding classes seem to focus on welding rig, mig and stick.
Old 10-28-21, 12:02 PM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 419 Posts
Your best option is Jeff Bock in Des Moines. He is a master builder and teacher and has a class that meets every Sunday in the winter. There was a framebulding class student of mine that lives in Omaha that spent extra time with me learning the craft. Life's circumstances have altered his original frame building plans after he left here but you might want to check with him. Either send me an email or PM me for more information.
Likes For Doug Fattic:
Old 12-02-21, 06:46 AM
pstake 

Bikes: Which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Thank you, Doug Fattic, I will send a pm. I have also reached out to one of the instructors at the community college. He suggested I sign up for the 8 Saturdays intro class starting in January. It sounded like it's sort of ad hoc based on what people in the class want to learn.