Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Wahoo Kickr bike noise

Old 12-13-21, 01:46 PM
Eero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wahoo Kickr bike noise

Hi, my bike makes quite loud whistle noise with cadence 60-63 ja 82-84 rpm. Has anybody of your noticed a similar phenomenon or is there something broken in my bike?

- Eero
Old 12-14-21, 11:20 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,821 Times in 2,979 Posts
Hi, mine makes an odd noise at low cadence - sort of like a metallic resonance or I suppose you could describe it a bit like a whistle. I think it's pretty normal from the various reviews I've read as it is often mentioned. So I was pretty much expecting it, but it doesn't bother me and the drivetrain itself is very smooth.
Old 12-15-21, 09:12 AM
Eero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Hi, mine makes an odd noise at low cadence - sort of like a metallic resonance or I suppose you could describe it a bit like a whistle. I think it's pretty normal from the various reviews I've read as it is often mentioned. So I was pretty much expecting it, but it doesn't bother me and the drivetrain itself is very smooth.
Thanks for your comments. The noise is exactly as you described. So I'm not worried anymore. Thanks.

-Eero
Old 12-15-21, 11:49 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,821 Times in 2,979 Posts
Originally Posted by Eero
Thanks for your comments. The noise is exactly as you described. So I'm not worried anymore. Thanks.

-Eero
You are welcome. It's quite a distinctive sound and I've got used to it now. It's an amazing machine. A big step up from the Elite Direto X I was previously using. I love the gradient change and the gear simulation. Also been using it to fine tune my road bike fit. It's like having your own private fitting bike.