Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

For the lady who was looking for a shorter cargo eBike

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-23, 06:06 AM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 315 Times in 192 Posts

I was watching this video (no affiliation with his channel) and there are a lot of ideas on how a person can carry a lot of stuff on a bike. His standard was a week's worth of groceries.

The trailer, in particular might be a good option for her. Then, she doesn't need to even have a cargo bike. She can have something more compact and conventional.

Likes For Smaug1:
Old 05-08-23, 11:24 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 452 Posts
Rarely do I shop for a week of groceries on a single ride, mainly because I can easily ride pass the grocery store during my commute,
and grocery store is less than 1/2 mile away that I could walk my bike if it is overloaded with items.
Commute between NJ & NY

Packed mule mode:

Shopping/packing for a week of groceries is not a easy trip; large volume of items do require practice to secure & control the bike once loaded.

My wife is 4'11", recently I've modified my Fiido T1 PRO for her to ride, with shorter crankarms, sweepback handlebar, mini stem, short seatpost;
she can manage to ride it without worry. She's still getting used to the 20x4 fat tires and the large overall size of the bike.
Eventually, she and I will take longer rides on the Fiido.
Size comparison of the Fiido vs her 12" mini ebike.

Likes For cat0020: