Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Fuji decals?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vintage Fuji decals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-16, 05:27 PM
willydstyle

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Vintage Fuji decals?

I'm trying to get decals for my '79 America after a repaint, and velocals has all the decals I need, but they're all in different sets and I'm not going to pay like $200 to use like one decal from 3-4 different sets. They're being non-responsive to e-mails about mix and matching.

Does anyone know of any other sources for what I want?
Old 07-19-16, 07:10 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by willydstyle
I'm trying to get decals for my '79 America after a repaint, and velocals has all the decals I need, but they're all in different sets and I'm not going to pay like $200 to use like one decal from 3-4 different sets. They're being non-responsive to e-mails about mix and matching.

Does anyone know of any other sources for what I want?
Contact them directly. They'll work with you to piece together what you need. If you have original pics of the decals it's helpful. most complete sets are less than $60 for all 70s/80s Fuji. I didn't know about this until I needed to pick up a custom set for my Gran Tourer. We had to go by the catalog because a previous owner repainted.
Old 07-20-16, 02:14 PM
ScottRyder 
Photographer

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 53 Posts
I worked with them getting complete sets on the Newest and Finest sets .. I think they found it helpful that I supplied the photos and measurements .. Perhaps if you lets us know which decals your missing, we can be of assistance. It would be great if they came up with a complete America set .. but let's help them out.

Scott

IG @scottryder.surf.cycle
IG @scottryder.fine.art

Old 07-25-16, 03:23 PM
willydstyle

Just wanted to update that after I made it clear that I was actually buying product and not just jerking their chain, they were very helpful in creating parts listings for me to buy all the decals I needed. The decals have been ordered and Velocals was a pleasure to work with.
Old 07-25-16, 03:44 PM
greg3rd48 

Bikes: '19 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5, '72 Peugeot PX10, '71ish Gitane Super Corsa, '78 Fuji Newest, '89 Fuji Ace, '94 Cannondale R600, early '70s LeJeune Pro project

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 101 Posts
Great to hear that it worked out. Please post the Fuji when you have the opportunity and keep us updated on your restoration.
Old 07-25-16, 03:55 PM
willydstyle

Originally Posted by greg3rd48
Great to hear that it worked out. Please post the Fuji when you have the opportunity and keep us updated on your restoration.
The project is less a restoration and more using the frame as a platform to build a modern version of the classic bike.

I'm having a new fork built to replace the original one that was bent slightly at the fork crown when I got left-hooked by a car. I'm having extra rack mounting points brazed onto the frame, along with a pump peg in the rear triangle and a second set of bottle cage mounts.

I'm having the frame cold set to 130 mm and I'm updating the drive train with Sun XCD derailleurs, an IRD Defiant compact double, a 12-28 SRAM Cassette controlled by 10-speed Dura Ace bar-ends.

And then because painting the frame was going to cost not that much more than just getting the fork painted, I'm getting a custom powder coat job done.

I'm basically turning a classic touring frame into a modern touring bike that is very much in the same "spirit" as the original Suntour drivetrain.
Old 07-25-16, 04:00 PM
greg3rd48 

Bikes: '19 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5, '72 Peugeot PX10, '71ish Gitane Super Corsa, '78 Fuji Newest, '89 Fuji Ace, '94 Cannondale R600, early '70s LeJeune Pro project

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 101 Posts
Please keep us updated!
Old 07-27-16, 07:46 AM
ScottRyder 
Photographer

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 53 Posts