Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Adventure EQ - any good?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-23, 05:57 AM
This Wreckage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone have experience with this series? I want a step through bike with low maintenance. This has disc brakes and a single chainring, so less to go wrong in theory at least. I ride mostly in town and the occasional country lane, never more than ten miles out, so I don't mind that this is a bit heavier than some. I'm 57 and reasonably fit.
Old 02-14-23, 09:08 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
I don't have any riding experience on this bike, but my take on it is mainly from what I believe an elder gentleman was riding on it one day.

He and I were talking when we both made it to the C&O trail parking lot in Shepherdstown access. I believe this was the bike he was riding. It was his first ride on the bike, the first ride on the C&O and he really enjoyed it. He was a bit unsure about it being a step through about how others would look at him for it, but frankly, who cares what others think.

It seems like a nice bike and it gets people out of the house and off the couch! Check out some of the youtube videos' on it. Seems to me that many people really enjoy this bike.
Likes For travbikeman:
Old 02-14-23, 12:34 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
I really like step-through frames. I'm almost 45 and moderately limber. I don't need a step-through frame, but I also don't need the additional stability a top tube brings, and the step-through nature makes riding more enjoyable to me. Due to time constraints, most of my riding is in shorter segments. And even shorter rides are broken up by stops at the park, at the ball field or soccer field, etc. It's nice to just slide forward off the saddle and you're down. Step to either side and you're "off" the bike. It's quite nice...in ways I never would have guessed until I tried it. Now a few of my bikes have lower-step frames...not truly step-through, but at least low enough where I can tilt the bike and put my leg through (old mixtes, for example). Another benefit these bikes bring is if you carry stuff on a rear cargo rack. I have racks on most of my bikes and loads in panniers or in a rack-top bag can make mounting the bike with a leg swing-over just a bit more difficult.

I feel these frames have no real down sides for me. Again, there's a loss in rigidity that some cyclists would notice, but not me. And there's, of course, the social aspect of seeing a man riding a "girl bike." My self esteem is high enough for that not to bother me.

Other bikes in this segment that are worthy of consideration include the Specialized Roll and Trek Verve. Cannondale also has a Treadwell, though I don't recall if it comes in a step-through or not.
Likes For hokiefyd:
Old 02-14-23, 12:40 PM
RB1-luvr
I don't know.

Bikes: '90 B'stone RB-1, '92 B'stone RB-2, '89 SuperGo Access Comp, '03 Access 69er, '23 Trek 520, '14 Ritchey Road Logic, '09 Kestrel Evoke, '08 Windsor Tourist, '17 Surly Wednesday, '89 Centurion Accordo, '15 CruX, '17 Ridley X-Night, '89 Marinoni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 853 Times in 446 Posts
that's a cool bike. This red is nice.

Likes For RB1-luvr:
Old 02-15-23, 09:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4348 Post(s)
Liked 3,985 Times in 2,661 Posts
Nothing exceptional but the dynamo is nice and isn't terribly spec'd. It is kind of like the Specialized Roll but with a cheap suspension fork and skinnier tires. The red is quite nice. Overall I would probably consider it though the gimmicky pedals would go in the parts bin right away along with the folding stem.