Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-11, 01:44 PM
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts

Zephyr's old tag line came to mind last week and i had to laugh. Getting punked by a chick. Its happened a few times riding and in college we played against a couple of college women's Basketball teams.

Last Saturday I was making the climb towards home and saw a couple newbie chicks, one riding a Turner 29er. I passed by and thought all was well. Then the 20 something on the Turner catches me and says race to the top. She must have been spinning 110 RPMs, but I kept up with her. She caught me out of the corner of her eye and said, "You still around old man?" She dropped a gear and smoke flew from the back tire. I was toast.

There was another time in NM, again on a climb when a female passed me ferociously. Like the Linda Ronstadt song, Blue By YOU! When I got to the top it was the checker from the grocery store, older than me and had 4 kids.

A tip of the hat to the smokin ladies of the fat tire world.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Old 11-17-11, 01:49 PM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You can't tell the chicks from dudes in the Midwest...therefore all is fair.
Old 11-17-11, 05:52 PM
Daspydyr 

Yeah, I went to school in Kansas. Vegas has more definition between the sexes.

What? Everyone here never been punked?

Old 11-17-11, 06:28 PM
pablosnazzy

Bikes: rocky mountain SLAYER!!!! trek, voodoo, surly, spot, bianchi, ibis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i got punked by a chick coming down porcupine in moab a few years ago. a bit of a sketchy drop. i stopped to look. a chick came flying past me and kept on going. and i realized i do not know how to ride a bike.

on road climbs, i get dropped like third grade calculus by women all the time.
Old 11-17-11, 07:23 PM
Grimlock
Frozen in carbonite

Bikes: '85 Full Cycle Cycle.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I had to take calculus in the third grade, I'd drop it too.

On the trail, I don't discriminate; I get dropped by women and men equally and often.
Old 11-17-11, 08:23 PM
electrik
Single-serving poster

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
At least it wasn't asthon kutcher. lol.
Old 11-17-11, 09:05 PM
FieldEffect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope, never happened. But I just reach out and clothes-line any woman that tries to pass me, so I guess I have an advantage.
Old 11-17-11, 09:39 PM
toytech

Bikes: enough bikes to qualify for Hoarders......

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
every time I climb a hill with my wife.
Old 11-17-11, 11:03 PM
3speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
I Wish I'd get punked by a 20something cute girl on the trails. I'd probably be in love and pedal my ass off trying to catch her. I can never even find a chick within a 5mi radius of the trails around here. Did you at least enjoy the view when the 20something climbed along ahead of you?
Old 11-17-11, 11:25 PM
electrik
Single-serving poster

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
I Wish I'd get punked by a 20something cute girl on the trails. I'd probably be in love and pedal my ass off trying to catch her. I can never even find a chick within a 5mi radius of the trails around here. Did you at least enjoy the view when the 20something climbed along ahead of you?
It's like they can smell you coming or something....
Old 11-18-11, 10:49 AM
Daspydyr 

Originally Posted by 3speed
That was my motivation of hanging on her backside, leering like the old perv I am! SW Vegas has a good mix of lady runners and riders. There are three maybe 30 somethings runners that show up everywhere. Plus there is a roadie girl, my nickname is Obrea Lady, that passes me on morning rides. When I have trouble rolling out of bed, I just think, Obrea Lady will pass you somewhere @ Horizon Ridge and Gibson.

Old 11-18-11, 11:03 AM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Daspydyr
Everyone here never been punked?
Maybe not so much punked as skooled. I used to nearly hold my own with the local female pro DHers. I stand no chance any more against Jamie Rees, though. She upped her game this year and completely smokes me. Her extra training paid off too - - she took third at Nats this year.
Old 11-18-11, 11:57 AM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've chicked a few guys, and I've been...well, it's not exactly considered getting chicked if I get beaten by another girl, so we'll say owned by other women.

I hate it when I catch a guy, and he sees there's a girl behind him, speeds up, slows down, I catch him again, he speeds up, slows down, wash, rinse, repeat. Even worse if I actually do pass him, and then he blasts past me at Mach 3, slows down and lets me pass again, passes me again, and that cycle repeats, because now we're leapfrogging each other and having to pass each other on often narrow trails. Either speed up and dust me, or let me pass and then drop back! None of this speed up and slow down nonsense during casual trail rides! (Obvious exception if I'm passing him somewhere that plays to my strengths, and he's passing me somewhere that plays to his strengths).
Old 11-18-11, 12:09 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
>.> on my usual road route, on occasion I get dropped by a roadie in full spandex.. maybe 1/4 of the time it's a chick... but we all get dropped by this early 20's blond girl on her single speed cruiser in her streeth clothes!
Old 11-18-11, 02:00 PM
Daspydyr 

Originally Posted by Zephyr11
I've chicked a few guys, and I've been...well, it's not exactly considered getting chicked if I get beaten by another girl, so we'll say owned by other women.

I hate it when I catch a guy, and he sees there's a girl behind him, speeds up, slows down, I catch him again, he speeds up, slows down, wash, rinse, repeat. Even worse if I actually do pass him, and then he blasts past me at Mach 3, slows down and lets me pass again, passes me again, and that cycle repeats, because now we're leapfrogging each other and having to pass each other on often narrow trails. Either speed up and dust me, or let me pass and then drop back! None of this speed up and slow down nonsense during casual trail rides! (Obvious exception if I'm passing him somewhere that plays to my strengths, and he's passing me somewhere that plays to his strengths).
My guess is that they are flirting.

Old 11-18-11, 02:02 PM
sscyco
Fool O' crap

Bikes: Are faster than yours.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dminor
Maybe not so much punked as skooled. I used to nearly hold my own with the local female pro DHers. I stand no chance any more against Jamie Rees, though. She upped her game this year and completely smokes me. Her extra training paid off too - - she took third at Nats this year.
I did a DH run with her a couple months ago, she lead. I kept her within a couple yards the whole way down - feeling pretty good about myself. When we got to the bottom she was telling me she was just getting over a cold and apologized for going so slow. Yep, I guess that was getting chicked.
Old 11-18-11, 02:48 PM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This summer at Klaus Park. She was in her 40's, pink hard tail (the bike), Hello Kitty helmet and other girlie accoutrements. She asked me if I wanted to ride the section together? I said "Ladies first", smiled and we both took off.

It was a beautiful 30 seconds we had together She was like a rocket. She vanished and i never saw her again.
Old 11-18-11, 02:52 PM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My guess is that they are flirting.
Well, hmph. Riding away from me is a weird way to flirt. Never went for those hard to get games. Or maybe they were trying to get away from me, who knows haha.

Not getting chicked, but there was this trail that had an awesome rock garden that was fun going down, but I sucked at getting up. Well, one time, I had finally given up trying to go up (like I generally always did) and was walking my bike, when this guy on a rigid single speed rides up to it. I move to the side, and he cleans it. That was when I realized how much I truly suck.
Old 11-19-11, 09:22 AM
Bikedued

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Hasn't happened yet, but then again I've only seen one chick on the trail. A tall cute brunette on another slightly higher end Specialized than mine. She was going slow. I passed her on a rooty climb, and then I got the dehydration warning from my body. I stopped to get a drink, and she passed by. I wrecked pretty hard on a slippery bridge, but still caught her near the end of the trail. She explained she had broken her tailbone last time she was out there, and was spooked to push too hard. She was going pretty slow, so we'd probably be fairly even if she had been more confident. We talked for a while, and went our seperate ways.,,,,BD
Old 11-19-11, 09:33 AM
scyclops
dont make me get the belt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
...leering like the old perv I am!
Nah, most guys are genetically programmed to stare at hot girls, and this IME only gets worse with age.

Well, hmph. Riding away from me is a weird way to flirt. Never went for those hard to get games.
Something a lot of women don't get, guys have this uncanny ability to do things which achieve the precise opposite of the desired effect when they're trying to get a girl's attention - think of the cliche where a little boy pulls a girl's hair because he likes her.

Last edited by scyclops; 11-19-11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-19-11, 09:56 AM
samburger
Redheaded Stepchild

Bikes: A fat tire & a skinny tire & two others I loaned out

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scyclops
only gets worse with age.
Well there goes looking forward to my senior years
Old 11-19-11, 10:14 AM
Daspydyr 

Well, hmph. Riding away from me is a weird way to flirt. Never went for those hard to get games. Or maybe they were trying to get away from me, who knows haha.

Not getting chicked, but there was this trail that had an awesome rock garden that was fun going down, but I sucked at getting up. Well, one time, I had finally given up trying to go up (like I generally always did) and was walking my bike, when this guy on a rigid single speed rides up to it. I move to the side, and he cleans it. That was when I realized how much I truly suck.
He was probably window shopping and didn't know how to say hi-just an old guy guessing.

You are part of the crew here. We all get smoked and then have our feel good moments. Its the Circle of Life! Go watch Lion King and write a 1000 word essay. Have it on my desk by Tuesday.

Old 11-19-11, 10:23 AM
scyclops

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by samburger
Well there goes looking forward to my senior years
The older I get, the more I become aware of what I don't know - and trust me, this is a good thing...
Old 11-19-11, 10:31 AM
Snydermann
Lotus Monomaniac

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I was exhausted on the return home portion of my local ride and really struggling up the last hill. I was riding slow, head down debating if I should just dismount and walk, when I heard an "on your left".

I glanced over and I still can't decide what was more embarrassing to me . . . the grandmother with the blue hair, the balloon tires on the rusty beach cruiser, the duct tape on the saddle, or the two bags of groceries in the front basket.
Old 11-19-11, 10:39 AM
scyclops

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snydermann
I glanced over and I still can't decide what was more embarrassing to me . . . the grandmother with the blue hair, the balloon tires on the rusty beach cruiser, the duct tape on the saddle, or the two bags of groceries in the front basket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.