Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Addiction 2022.2

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Addiction 2022.2

Old 06-17-22, 11:37 AM
  #8926  
datlas 
Should Be More Popular
 
datlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
Posts: 39,366

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 535 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19033 Post(s)
Liked 5,793 Times in 2,841 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09 View Post
It’s really only behavioral health, but there’s such a shortage of clinicians and lack of access they can get away with it.

They are forcing private pay because if they accept assignment, they can’t balance bill.
I get it. I believe there are a few psychiatrists in my area that also do not accept insurance, but almost all behavioral health providers have agreed to work within some type of network and play ball with at least some insurance plans. It's a mess, for sure.
__________________
Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
Addiction is all about class.
datlas is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 11:57 AM
  #8927  
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Valley of the Sun.
Posts: 40,148

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9484 Post(s)
Liked 4,410 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
Boringest series ever pitch: Bicycle Mechanic CSI. A bicycle expert uses bike evidence to solve crimes.
I could see that being a hit in Scandinavia. Possibly Great Britain.
LesterOfPuppets is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:05 PM
  #8928  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 6,470

Bikes: Cervélo C2, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5743 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,120 Posts
I really thought today I was going to feel awesome. That didn’t happen. It was zone 2 by default not by choice, and if J didn’t have the data for me to read I would have thought my heart rate was a lot higher.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:19 PM
  #8929  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09 View Post
Nobody accepts patients with insurance. You have to private pay.
We have experienced that. $400/hr for the local shrink. Thank gawd my rate is higher.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:20 PM
  #8930  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 46,496

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 765 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23611 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 857 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas View Post
Yes. IBC (Independence Blue Cross) already cut our telemedicine reimbursement to 85% of office payment, but I am always happy to give self-pays a bigger break.
Seems like most of my medical issues require lab work and/or physical exam, otherwise I'd think about dialing in. Imagine the if you looked at the schedule and saw an 865 area code (VOL) in the queue.


__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.

Last edited by Velo Vol; 06-17-22 at 12:24 PM.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:24 PM
  #8931  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 46,496

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 765 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23611 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 857 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
I could see that being a hit in Scandinavia. Possibly Great Britain.
What about? (#MOTD)


__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:30 PM
  #8932  
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Valley of the Sun.
Posts: 40,148

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9484 Post(s)
Liked 4,410 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06 View Post
I really thought today I was going to feel awesome. That didn’t happen. It was zone 2 by default not by choice, and if J didn’t have the data for me to read I would have thought my heart rate was a lot higher.
I'm sure your doctor advised you to stay home and get lots of fluids! Best COVID recuperation takes place over the weekend

I felt good for the first half of my ride (slight tailwind)
LesterOfPuppets is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:33 PM
  #8933  
BillyD
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 30,841

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10215 Post(s)
Liked 4,209 Times in 2,334 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS View Post
do they take A$$, gas or grass?
Takes me back to my hitch hiking days in Texas . . . nobody rides for free.
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
BillyD is offline  
Likes For BillyD:
Old 06-17-22, 12:33 PM
  #8934  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Just learned a lovely lesson.

Picked up the Taycan this afternoon, and the service guy put the key in the cup holder when he pulled it around. When I got home, I parked it in the garage, and went inside. While inside, I realized I didn't have the fob with me so I went out to get it. Yep, you guessed it, the car was locked. It locked itself. With the key inside. It would not open when I approached or tried to use the handle.

Thankfully, I was home and have a second key. Would have been a mess if I had stopped somewhere on the way.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:34 PM
  #8935  
phrantic09
Fat n slow
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Saratoga, NY
Posts: 3,225

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked 1,450 Times in 690 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
I'm sure your doctor advised you to stay home and get lots of fluids! Best COVID recuperation takes place over the weekend

I felt good for the first half of my ride (slight tailwind)
I felt pretty good today, odd because I hadn’t eaten.
phrantic09 is online now  
Old 06-17-22, 12:34 PM
  #8936  
topslop1
Senior Member
 
topslop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,466
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
My Dr visits with 'good' insurance have become $200-$400 out of pocket cash and insurance billed anywhere from $400-1600 on the back end.

Pretty sure that if I up it from a bronze to a silver healthcare deal it does drop my deductible but I'm just paying that extra $1500 or $2000/yr up front INTO the policy itself.

Looks like DR's are doing the, I'll take a small pile of cash now, and I'll take a bigger pile of cash later vis a vi insurance. This is my uneducated consumer outsider look.

Between Dentist and Allergy shots I went ~$2k in last month. It's a lean summer which is fine; more bike riding, less b.s.
topslop1 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 12:55 PM
  #8937  
phrantic09
Fat n slow
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Saratoga, NY
Posts: 3,225

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked 1,450 Times in 690 Posts
Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post
My Dr visits with 'good' insurance have become $200-$400 out of pocket cash and insurance billed anywhere from $400-1600 on the back end.

Pretty sure that if I up it from a bronze to a silver healthcare deal it does drop my deductible but I'm just paying that extra $1500 or $2000/yr up front INTO the policy itself.

Looks like DR's are doing the, I'll take a small pile of cash now, and I'll take a bigger pile of cash later vis a vi insurance. This is my uneducated consumer outsider look.

Between Dentist and Allergy shots I went ~$2k in last month. It's a lean summer which is fine; more bike riding, less b.s.
I am lucky that I have exceptional insurance. $118 a month, $30 PCP, $50 Specialist copay and $1,500 deductible brought down to $500 through some easy health assessment stuff. But, I guess that’s one of the perks in working for the big, bad, insurance company.
phrantic09 is online now  
Old 06-17-22, 01:04 PM
  #8938  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,189

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Liked 7,181 Times in 3,649 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
Boringest series ever pitch: Bicycle Mechanic CSI. A bicycle expert uses bike evidence to solve crimes.
Every show opens with the head of the CSI department dropping a bon mot, then doing that elaborate head-turning thing we all do to put on our sunglasses so they ear pieces go outside the helmet straps.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:05 PM
  #8939  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 6,470

Bikes: Cervélo C2, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5743 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31 View Post
We have experienced that. $400/hr for the local shrink. Thank gawd my rate is higher.

Whats the friends and family discount?
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:09 PM
  #8940  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 6,470

Bikes: Cervélo C2, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5743 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
I'm sure your doctor advised you to stay home and get lots of fluids! Best COVID recuperation takes place over the weekend

I felt good for the first half of my ride (slight tailwind)

Doctor advised me to take it easy on the bike, in the same sentence she informed me that she knew I would not do that. She was the one that saw me after I ran into the road sign. She said to take a week off, I told her if the x ray came back good, I would ride that night. She shook her head but smiled. She gets it.

I used the word doctor, not doctor. PA.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:10 PM
  #8941  
bampilot06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 757
Posts: 6,470

Bikes: Cervélo C2, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5743 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
Every show opens with the head of the CSI department dropping a bon mot, then doing that elaborate head-turning thing we all do to put on our sunglasses so they ear pieces go outside the helmet straps.

Is RJ the star? I can picture him starting each episode with some jazzy one liner which lets us know he is smart and snazzy.
bampilot06 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:16 PM
  #8942  
t2p
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 908

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 231 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
Whaddya think? 2002ish Cannondale with tanwall slicks or semislicks?
Originally Posted by DougRNS View Post
he doesn't look like a serious cyclist. How dare he defame our good name!
#FauxRage
blackwalls would have been a better choice for the job

just sayin

wonder what his thoughts are on air pressure
t2p is offline  
Likes For t2p:
Old 06-17-22, 01:20 PM
  #8943  
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 46,496

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 765 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23611 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 857 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
then doing that elaborate head-turning thing we all do to put on our sunglasses so they ear pieces go outside the helmet straps.
I do no such thing.
__________________
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
People here don't get it.
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:22 PM
  #8944  
t2p
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 908

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31 View Post
Just learned a lovely lesson.

Picked up the Taycan this afternoon, and the service guy put the key in the cup holder when he pulled it around. When I got home, I parked it in the garage, and went inside. While inside, I realized I didn't have the fob with me so I went out to get it. Yep, you guessed it, the car was locked. It locked itself. With the key inside. It would not open when I approached or tried to use the handle.

Thankfully, I was home and have a second key. Would have been a mess if I had stopped somewhere on the way.
ughhh

one thing I can say about my old Acura - it has not done that to me yet (yet) ... has significant battery drain when sitting - but has not locked me out with keys inside

but don't use the high pressure sprayers when the key fob is in your pocket - or the locks will go crazy ... up and down rapid fire / lights on - off
t2p is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:23 PM
  #8945  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,189

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Liked 7,181 Times in 3,649 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
I do no such thing.
Quelle surprise.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:24 PM
  #8946  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,189

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Liked 7,181 Times in 3,649 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31 View Post
Just learned a lovely lesson.

Picked up the Taycan this afternoon, and the service guy put the key in the cup holder when he pulled it around. When I got home, I parked it in the garage, and went inside. While inside, I realized I didn't have the fob with me so I went out to get it. Yep, you guessed it, the car was locked. It locked itself. With the key inside. It would not open when I approached or tried to use the handle.

Thankfully, I was home and have a second key. Would have been a mess if I had stopped somewhere on the way.
The Dodge won't allow you to lock the doors from the outside if there's a fob inside.

EDIT: I think you CAN lock it with a fob inside if you use the lock button on another fob, however.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:24 PM
  #8947  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06 View Post
Whats the friends and family discount?
For the shrink?
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:27 PM
  #8948  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09 View Post
I am lucky that I have exceptional insurance. $118 a month, $30 PCP, $50 Specialist copay and $1,500 deductible brought down to $500 through some easy health assessment stuff. But, I guess that’s one of the perks in working for the devil incarnate.
Fixed.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:29 PM
  #8949  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
The Dodge won't allow you to lock the doors from the outside if there's a fob inside.

EDIT: I think you CAN lock it with a fob inside if you use the lock button on another fob, however.
This thing locks itself when you turn the car off and get out. When you approach, it unlocks and turns on by itself. But, I never thought it would lock with the fob in it. No other car I’ve ever had would.
Mojo31 is offline  
Old 06-17-22, 01:33 PM
  #8950  
Mojo31
-------
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 3,846 Times in 2,097 Posts
Originally Posted by t2p View Post
ughhh

one thing I can say about my old Acura - it has not done that to me yet (yet) ... has significant battery drain when sitting - but has not locked me out with keys inside

but don't use the high pressure sprayers when the key fob is in your pocket - or the locks will go crazy ... up and down rapid fire / lights on - off
They also do unfortunate things when you jump in the pool with the fob in your pocket.

Saw that happen to someone once.
Mojo31 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.