Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Jury-rig: Attaching Frame pump via Seat Stay. Am I going to die?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Jury-rig: Attaching Frame pump via Seat Stay. Am I going to die?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-22, 09:50 PM
HelpSingularity 

Bikes: 1974 Masi GC, 1982 Trek 728 (aka 720), 1992 Trek Multitrack 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 139 Posts
I have stored my Zefal HP pump on the NDS seat stay for over ten years. Like yours I have also wrapped a velcro strap around the assemblage. Between the compression of the spring and the wrap (for redundancy) It has been my experience that that thing ain't going no where, no how. I personally can't stand to store the pump below the top tube; I like to grab the bike by the top tube to lift the bike too much.
The one thing I worry a little about is that the opening of the pump head faces the wheel and road stuff getting into the pump head. One of these days I'll make a little cover for it, or something.