Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Fuji Roman

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-20, 11:27 AM
Williambaker08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji Roman

Hi, Can someone help me please. I have a Fuji Roman Tandem bicycle that was given to me and I cant find any information on it all. The Serial number shows up as either PD900037 or PD90037. I have looked around for a few weeks for information but cant find this bike. It does however had the Fuji Logo on it that is confirmed correct. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-28-20, 12:14 PM
ScottRyder 
Photographer

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Williambaker08
Hi, Can someone help me please. I have a Fuji Roman Tandem bicycle that was given to me and I cant find any information on it all. The Serial number shows up as either PD900037 or PD90037. I have looked around for a few weeks for information but cant find this bike. It does however had the Fuji Logo on it that is confirmed correct. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Would you like me to post those images you sent me? I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Scott

IG @scottryder.surf.cycle
IG @scottryder.fine.art

Old 07-28-20, 01:06 PM
Williambaker08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottRyder
Would you like me to post those images you sent me? I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Scott
If you can post the photos of the bike that would be great. The question is how do I send them to you as I cant private message you till 10 posts

Last edited by Williambaker08; 07-28-20 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-28-20, 02:11 PM
ScottRyder 
Photographer

If you can post the photos of the bike that would be great. The question is how do I send them to you as I cant private message you till 10 posts
I assumed you were the same person that emailed images last week of the tandem? If not, mail them to scottryderphoto @ g mail. I'll post them.

Cheers,

Scott

IG @scottryder.fine.art

Old 07-28-20, 02:17 PM
Williambaker08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I assumed you were the same person that emailed images last week of the tandem? If not, mail them to scottryderphoto @ g mail. I'll post them.

Cheers,

Scott
It just doesnt make any since. The only Tandem that I know Fuji Made was a Fuji Absolute Le. Also the seats look like a newer style seat and also the bike is in excellent condition likes its almost brand new. Also the serial numbers for Fuji never started with a P?? See my confusions. I am almost wondering if its not a Roman and someone made some labels up for it.
Old 07-28-20, 02:44 PM
ScottRyder 
Photographer

It just doesnt make any since. The only Tandem that I know Fuji Made was a Fuji Absolute Le. Also the seats look like a newer style seat and also the bike is in excellent condition likes its almost brand new. Also the serial numbers for Fuji never started with a P?? See my confusions. I am almost wondering if its not a Roman and someone made some labels up for it.
Fuji produced a fabulous tandem starting for a few years in 1981, but it's a completely different animal than what was sent to me last week.

Scott

IG @scottryder.fine.art

Old 07-28-20, 03:08 PM
Williambaker08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji produced a fabulous tandem starting for a few years in 1981, but it's a completely different animal than what was sent to me last week.

Scott
To be honest I dont even think its a Fuji unless its a Prototype thatw as made and never produced which in that case its a very rare bike.
Old 07-28-20, 03:34 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts
Somebody post the thing!
Old 07-28-20, 03:51 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Old 07-28-20, 03:57 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
This thing is wild
Old 07-28-20, 04:15 PM
Williambaker08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
This thing is wild
Its a Purebred what can I say, Got to love rare and wild things including bicycles
Old 07-28-20, 09:06 PM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 626 Times in 286 Posts
So it's really hard to sus this out, but I think maybe it could be a lower-end tandem for one of the Asian markets? Definitely never in the USA lineup AFAIK, and visually it meshes with lower-end export models.

Could be some unknown bike with fake decals, but that's a lot of work to go through for a lower-end bike.

Last edited by pcb; 07-28-20 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-28-20, 09:13 PM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 626 Times in 286 Posts
Barrett at Fuji Cycle Center had one of those tandems on order for himself and spouse as soon as they were announced. Shipment was delayed over and over again, don't know if there were specific production problems, I can't imagine what's involved suddenly having to jig up and build something that big in a likely very old factory, or they were too slammed with other stuff.

We finally got notice it shipped, then the container ship had an onboard fire, and the container with the tandem (and a bunch of other bikes) got fried.

I think he finally did land another. I do vaguely remember seeing him and Carol on a blue tandem. She was kinda petite, and was trying a whole bunch of stuff to minimize shock in the stoker's seat. That was back in the day before widely-available shock posts.

Scott
Old 02-15-21, 09:35 AM
SELMABMX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its a Purebred what can I say, Got to love rare and wild things including bicycles
Wow Is this your tandem bike?
Old 02-15-21, 09:38 AM
SELMABMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I can help
Old 02-15-21, 09:42 AM
SELMABMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcb
So it's really hard to sus this out, but I think maybe it could be a lower-end tandem for one of the Asian markets? Definitely never in the USA lineup AFAIK, and visually it meshes with lower-end export models.

Could be some unknown bike with fake decals, but that's a lot of work to go through for a lower-end bike.
I think I can help
Old 02-15-21, 09:44 AM
SELMABMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To be honest I dont even think its a Fuji unless its a Prototype thatw as made and never produced which in that case its a very rare bike.
In japan?