Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do You Ever Feel Sexy

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Do You Ever Feel Sexy

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-21, 07:38 AM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I figured a few people would get hung up on that word. I had no idea so many lacked the reading comprehension skills to understand the post.
Panicked internalized homophobia is like a tsunami that wipes out any other thoughts or inputs. I'm only half-joking.

Whoever needs to read this, it's ok to be gay.
Likes For chephy:
Old 08-15-21, 09:35 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Even in my college days, when I was arguably at my peak of sexiness and studliness, I would probably still have to say that guys in lycra is not a good look.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 08-15-21, 11:09 AM
roadsnakes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Cougrrcj
I've been doomed (deemed UNsexy) for over 30 years already... Back in January of 1991, my two-years-younger sister had our parent's first grandchild... Coincidentally, I had just gotten a camcorder for Christmas - so I figured we (my wife and self) would go to the hospital to take some video so we could send it to our parents who were then 'snowbirds' living out-of-state. Wife and I got to the hospital just minutes after the niece was born. Wife and I were in the 'recovery suite' waiting for Sister and baby. The staff wheels my sister in, and a nurse is walking behind, carrying the baby. She asked if 'Grandma and Grandpa want to hold the baby'. Ummmm... I was all of 32, wife was 33, sister was 30, and her hubby was 32 (just two weeks from 33) I was a USPS walking mail carrier back then, so I grew a full beard to keep my face warm in the Cleveland winters... It had a bit of gray in it, but c'mon! Wife's hair was frosted...

One other time that winter, I was in a different hospital's cafeteria line (wife was going through a procedure).. I added my items up in my head as I head to the cashier - where I got a different total. OK, maybe I added wrong. I get to a vacant table and look at my receipt -- I got a 15% 'Senior Citizen' discount... again, this is at age 32!

After these incidents, I quit growing beards in the wintertime, and the wife quit frosting her hair.

Fast Forward 18 years -- To when I was 50 -- I had volunteered to be Santa Claus for the housing development on my mail route - they were going to drive me around in a minivan to deliver toys to the kiddies... So I started growing a beard the day after Halloween. Here's a pic of me at Christmas just seven weeks later... Yes, that is my real beard, white as snow!....

Well, at least I can laugh at myself...
'

Funny post!
Before retiring I was a Letter Carrier in Milwaukee.
You`re right, a full beard Does keep your face warmer in the cold and windy winter!
I`m long since retired, so now I just have a goatee! Even that helps when shoveling snow or riding my bike in Wisconsin winters.
One of my son`s moved to Cleveland about 8 years ago.
The history of Cleveland is quite interesting, and I was impressed with amount of nature and parkland areas Cleveland has so close to downtown.
I imagine it`s great for biking.
Being a big fan of the movie "Christmas Story" , I really enjoyed walking through the house.
'

'

Old 08-15-21, 02:51 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 407 Times in 253 Posts
I used to be sexy on my bike.
Old 08-17-21, 01:54 AM
Hericann

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not feeling sexy but, feeling great! Though, literally, I'm losing weight as always but, gaining as always too.
Old 06-26-22, 09:31 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Well, I had another one of those days today.

We have had oppressive record setting heat here lately. On top of that, I had Covid about a month ago, and my energy level has been down a notch or two.

Today we had overcast skies and temps in the mid 80s. Pleasant compared to what we have suffered recently. I looked at the weather and wind forecast. The radar showed some storms nearby, but they were moving very slowly. With the wind out of the west, I planned my run on the lake levee path to be down wind. That came at about the 18 mile mark.

I have a little bluetooth speaker on my bike. I have two soundtracks. One is up tempo kind of stuff that just makes me want to move. The other is heavy on kinda transcedental tunes that help me get into a mellow groove. The latter was today's choice. I suffer some pretty serious joint issues and chronic headaches. I rarely feel good. As I began spinning my on my downwind run, it dawned on me that I was pain free. The 10 MPH tailwinds allowed me to run my speeds into the lower 30's with relative ease. I laughed out loud. It felt so incredible that my eyes welled up with tears. It was an odd combination of sexy and oneness with the world around me. These moments are rare and fleeting. I guess that's what makes them so remarkable.

I passed by a ghost bike on my way home and stopped to pay my respects. Rest in peace my pedaling friend. May you enjoy eternal tailwinds.

Old 06-26-22, 11:41 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
I think the word sexy is highly overused, and used for things that have no sexuality. I have certainly never been sexually stimulated by a bike or bike stuff. I have never thought that I sexually stimulated anyone because I ride a bike. Maybe when riding a bike, but if so, I am pretty sure that was years ago. I have been sexually stimulated by some of the views I have seen while riding a bike. Even that, not sure I can call it stimulated anymore. Perhaps, think of, would be more appropriate, for me.
Old 06-26-22, 11:41 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2696 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
I felt a similar feeling a few days ago on the morning commute. I had just gotten my road bike fixed and was sending it on a slight descent, trying to catch a guy way up the road. The fast group ride came the other way and I didn't even notice them until they had started to pass because I was just TTing spinning my biggest gear, so I was feeling myself that they saw me when I was sending it as opposed to going easy. Then I timed the 4 way stop (4 corners in woodside) so I could go with a turning car without slowing down, allowing me to rip past the guy id been chasing down he yelled out "yo!" A couple miles later im really feeling myself and just yell out behind me "You can't catch me!" issuing a challenge to the void. I was a little tipsy and had smoked some good weed right before heading out and hadn't felt so good on a bike in a long time. The universe provided and gave me 2 guys to race up the big hill into work. Toyed with them a bit before dropping them but yeah was a great commute.

In terms of looks, once I lose weight im sure i'll be much sexier on the bike, I dont roll with a shirt so my aerobelly is on full display. First time I wore bib shorts on the group ride a woman I know said "you have bib shorts, looking sexy!" but she was just ribbing me she is married. In terms of butts, cyclists have nice ones. I spend too much time looking at other dudes butts and sizing them up, the strongest guys have huge glutes. Calf size is largely genetic.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 06-26-22 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-26-22, 11:59 AM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I spend too much time looking at other dudes butts and sizing them up
Old 06-26-22, 12:30 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I think the word sexy is highly overused, and used for things that have no sexuality. I have certainly never been sexually stimulated by a bike or bike stuff. I have never thought that I sexually stimulated anyone because I ride a bike. Maybe when riding a bike, but if so, I am pretty sure that was years ago. I have been sexually stimulated by some of the views I have seen while riding a bike. Even that, not sure I can call it stimulated anymore. Perhaps, think of, would be more appropriate, for me.
It is interesting that we are 6 pages deep in this thread and people still haven't read the thread with an eye toward understanding, or are really bad at simple reading comprehension.
Old 06-26-22, 12:57 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 7,286 Times in 2,942 Posts
It is interesting that we are 6 pages deep in this thread and people still haven't read the thread with an eye toward understanding, or are really bad at simple reading comprehension.
I started to read it, but I couldn't finish after I spit coffee all over my computer screen, and then passed out when I couldn't stop laughing. Oddly enough, that made me feel sexy.

Last edited by tomato coupe; 06-26-22 at 04:02 PM.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 06-26-22, 01:51 PM
GhostRider62

Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Not for 40-50 years.

I was climbing a hill in the late 70's and some hot young chicks of my age, pulled up in a 1973 ish Vega and the passenger pinched my butt.

Touring France in the early 80's, there was this girl from Santa Barbara, a climb over the alps, two bottles of wine, and what was I saying. Yes, I felt the sexy.
Old 06-26-22, 02:47 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Doh? I guess your post was just "too deep for me man." Go on ahead with your ************, and do not let me bother you.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 06-26-22, 05:07 PM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
I'll go with the mid-1980s XJ6:

(74) 1986 Jaguar XJ6 Classic Car - YouTube
I had the mid-90's xj6. I really liked that car but would like to have an older one. Maybe the two door xj v12.
Old 06-26-22, 08:10 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
In terms of butts, cyclists have nice ones. I spend too much time looking at other dudes butts and sizing them up, the strongest guys have huge glutes. Calf size is largely genetic.
The shorts makes the butt fall into a nice shape. But I don't remember guys having nice butts, not even the strongest ones.

Calf muscles are overrated. On long rides deep in the mountains, the strongest riders tend to have small calves. Multiple tour champs like Froome and Contador have small calves. Big calves can be a sign of over-utilization of calf muscles which is bad. It may signal poor bike fit, usually, the saddle being too high.
Old 06-26-22, 08:34 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts
... I laughed out loud. It felt so incredible that my eyes welled up with tears. It was an odd combination of sexy and oneness with the world around me. These moments are rare and fleeting. I guess that's what makes them so remarkable.

i probably wouldn’t use the “s” word in response to the way i feel (and probably look, who knows/cares) on a bike, but i know exactly the feeling you’re describing. i haven’t been riding seriously for that long but the first time it happened i actually yelled out loud, on a quick uphill in the middle of (sort of) nowhere after a gradual descent and a perfectly banked hard turn, in the right gear, out of the saddle, going fast and hard but not so hard to feel taxed yet, just a perfect moment of movement and sights and sounds. i don’t recall what i yelled through that ****-eating grin, something like “**** yes!!!!” but a big part of my riding explorations are focused on recreating those amazing moments. i don’t usually yell anything anymore but the ****-eating-grin is still there for sure.
Old 06-27-22, 08:50 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
You might have to start carrying a product like this to help when the feeling comes over you. Duck behind some bushes or find a Porta John and release the tension. I need to check the thread to see if I have told certain stories before.

https://dudeproducts.com/
Old 06-27-22, 09:43 AM
seypat

Well, I checked the thread and hadn't told the stories. So, here ya go. I was a fast twitch run/jump athlete that had a decent career in those sports BITD. Injuries and Father Time drove me out of those and into endurance sports in my early 40s. I became a cyclist. Wife is a runner so I became a runner also Let me state that because of the genetics/skills needed, I am a BOP endurance athlete, at best. However, the genetics/skills for the fast twitch sports do have their advantages. The wife wanted to do a multiple sport event so we signed up for a du/tri. Race day comes. We drive to the event and I unload her bike and wheel it to the transition as she heads for package pickup. Go back to get my bike. As I'm wheeling it in, an attractive 30-40s female walks up to me and tells me I have some of the biggest, most muscular legs she's ever seen. Asks me if they help in tri. I say nope, chicken legs are better for tri. She walks with me to the transition entrance and asks if I want to hook up after the event. I say thanks for the offer, but my wife wouldn't approve as we go our separate ways. My wife is watching this unfold. As I get to our slots. She asks, "What was that about?" I answer with, "She likes my legs."

I get in line to get my race number marked on my biceps/quads. There's a female doing the marking. Comes my turn and she comments on how much room there is on my arms and quads to mark the number. She then leans down and asks if she can cop a feel on my quads. I say something like, "go ahead if it makes you feel good." She also asks about a possible hookup in the future. I say, "Thanks for the offer, but my wife wouldn't approve. That's her standing over there. Let's wave at her." I then head to our transition slots. The wife says, "Let me guess, she also liked your legs?" I nod and she says. "That's my man!" True story. I'm 57 now. Still have the legs, but also an aerobelly to go with them.
Old 06-27-22, 09:49 AM
seypat

Originally Posted by seypat
Well, I checked the thread and hadn't told the stories. So, here ya go. I was a fast twitch run/jump athlete that had a decent career in those sports BITD. Injuries and Father Time drove me out of those and into endurance sports in my early 40s. I became a cyclist. Wife is a runner so I became a runner also Let me state that because of the genetics/skills needed, I am a BOP endurance athlete, at best. However, the genetics/skills for the fast twitch sports do have their advantages. The wife wanted to do a multiple sport event so we signed up for a du/tri. Race day comes. We drive to the event and I unload her bike and wheel it to the transition as she heads for package pickup. Go back to get my bike. As I'm wheeling it in, an attractive 30-40s female walks up to me and tells me I have some of the biggest, most muscular legs she's ever seen. Asks me if they help in tri. I say nope, chicken legs are better for tri. She walks with me to the transition entrance and asks if I want to hook up after the event. I say thanks for the offer, but my wife wouldn't approve as we go our separate ways. My wife is watching this unfold. As I get to our slots. She asks, "What was that about?" I answer with, "She likes my legs."

I get in line to get my race number marked on my biceps/quads. There's a female doing the marking. Comes my turn and she comments on how much room there is on my arms and quads to mark the number. She then leans down and asks if she can cop a feel on my quads. I say something like, "go ahead if it makes you feel good." She also asks about a possible hookup in the future. I say, "Thanks for the offer, but my wife wouldn't approve. That's her standing over there. Let's wave at her." I then head to our transition slots. The wife says, "Let me guess, she also liked your legs?" I nod and she says. "That's my man!" True story. I'm 57 now. Still have the legs, but also an aerobelly to go with them.
In fact, every multi-sport event I've entered that had a female marker has had the same situation happen. The best thing about that is no matter what place I come in, the other males standing around know who the real winner is that day. It doesn't matter if they made the podium.
Old 06-27-22, 09:58 AM
seypat

Now to counter those stories, there's also the one about the time I was trying on different sizes of jerseys at a ride event. I asked the attractive blonde working the booth which one I should get. She said, "Get the XL because it makes you look like less of a sausage." I wasn't the winner that day. Instead, I picked my ego up off the floor and limped away like a wounded animal.

Last edited by seypat; 06-27-22 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-27-22, 04:57 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Liked 5,603 Times in 2,907 Posts
I am choosing to interpret sexy to mean, in the groove or in the flow and not having sex appeal. When I was super fit in my 30s that used to happen to me frequently when I would go out and riding felt absolutely effortless. Back to back 70 milers at 18-20 MPH were no issue. Could sprint out of the saddle up moderate grades without even thinking about it. It all felt good, it all felt easy.

35 years later, the only flow I get is on long descents or if I back way off on speed and just enjoy the surroundings rather than trying to achieve an average speed goal lower than my 30s and then I feel like I am slacking and not riding to my potential. (Yes I have always been achievement oriented - not a crime). So no to sexy at 67 and no to flow - unless I want to.

Old 06-28-22, 04:33 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
If I understand your scenario correctly, I have my answer. As a college QB and SS I have lived in that space where time is suspended. Everything happens in slow motion and only the moment exists. In that space you experience that moment with senses that are beyond anything you have known before. The only way you can know this is to have had the experience. I wouldn't have thought of it as "sexy" because I have no sense of self. It's as if I am the moment. There is no distinction.
Old 06-28-22, 05:28 AM
seypat

Seriously, it's a 3rd person/out of body experience. You're looking down from above as it's playing out. Similar to playing a video game or watching a sporting event on TV with the different camera angles.
Old 06-28-22, 05:34 AM
seypat

If you've ever read The Legend Of Bagger Vance, it's an alternative dimension. Another dimension of sight and sound, but without Rod Sterling. I think Golden Earring sang a song about it.

I think the real issue with the thread is the old sports saying that goes along the lines of "act like you've been there before."

Last edited by seypat; 06-28-22 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-28-22, 07:30 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18403 Post(s)
Liked 15,495 Times in 7,317 Posts
I am looking on the bright side: At least no one is arguing about rim vs. disc brakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.