Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Central Fla Rails to Trails Tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 03:17 PM
mvanderk
Retired & Riding

Bikes: Bottechia, Nashbar touring, Trek 3800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Headed out on a 4-5 day tour of Central Fl rails to trails route. Roughly 250 miles that incorporates the Auburndale Trail, James Van Fleet, Withlacoochee, Suncoast, and Pinellas Trail. Probably some "stealth" camping a couple of nights and State/Regional camping at Silver Lake State Park off the Withlacoochee and a night at Jay B Starkey Wilderness Park off the Suncoast Trail. Easy pace ride of no more than 60 miles/day. End up at the rest area on the north end of the Skyway where wife will pick me up. If you have any interest in either part or all of the ride drop me an email. Plan on leaving Feb 12th if the weather cooperates. Attached is a rough route of trip.

Mike

https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view...pen_ive_done=1