Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Cannondale Caboose Mystery!

Old 07-19-21, 04:15 PM
vixhastrix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale Caboose Mystery!

I have a bit of a mystery on my hands! I hope I am posting in the right place, and someone can help me out with this! So a couple months ago I bought 2 bike trailers from Facebook marketplace and one of them is a Cannondale Caboose.
The model number is: STC201/B and made in 2/19/97 I have images but since I'm new I can't share them...

Since I bought 2 from this guy I immediately started research on the Cannondale trailer, I have googled every possible combination of words and I have come up empty with reaults. I check craigslist constantly, ebay, Facebook marketplace, websites of bike shops, even Cannondales website has nothing as well. The only reason I found out it's called a caboose is because I found the Cannondale Catalog from 97 and it's in there. Sadly it doesn't have the price in the catalog.

I'm sure it's probably not a highly desired item, and it's pretty hard for me to find, does anyone know what it's worth? I don't need it, and would love to sell it but I have no idea what to price it at.... Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you all so much!
Old 07-19-21, 04:26 PM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 185 Posts
Cannondale made two trailers - the Bugger (rigid polyethylene shell) and the Caboose (foldable fabric on an alloy frame).

Pic & description of the Caboose on p. 55:

https://vintagecannondale.com/year/1997/1997.pdf

I think you're right, these aren't worth a lot. Anything foldable fabric that's getting close to 25 years old is probably near the end of its service life.

Maybe $50 each on a good day to the right person, assuming all attachments are included and the fabric isn't ripped or fraying.

Curious, what's the fascination with trailers that you went out and bought two?