Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what's up w Deana Adams lately?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Anyone know what's up w Deana Adams lately?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-21, 10:45 AM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Anyone know what's up w Deanna Adams lately?

Yeah blast from the past but I've wondered so am asking. She won the women's Tour Divide like 10 yrs ago and got relegated. She was also youngest ever to finish and she rode a dumpstered fixie roadbike. A hero. Later on read about a trip she did to Central America. Then nothing. Anyone know? [UPDATE: I was spelling her name wrong. I see she entered an ultra-race in 2019 on a DIY fixie so she was still at it recently. Any more info than that?]

Chris Kostman's Rough Riders Blog: Any Bike, Anywhere / Classic Cyclist: Deanna Adams tackles Tour Divide

Last edited by JeffOYB; 07-16-21 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-17-21, 02:27 PM
BikeLite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 93 Posts
Chris Kostman at AdventureCORPS ? Chasing The Horizon & Exploring the Infinite Since 1984 might know her whereabouts.

2009 Letters of Intent

Deanna Adams

To whomever this may be of interest:

I may be a fool. I may be a dreamer. I may be the 20year old vegan-eating cursed with Epilepsy moron who knows nothing. But I wonder is it possible to complete the whole Great Divide Route on a fixie? Fixie riders have started to pave the way, and I hope to soon become one of the mystical dreamers to join the quest. What is life without extreme risk, and challenge? I cannot wait to meet the other brave dreamers at the start on June 12 2009. Dare to fail...dare to dream...doubt kills dreams. Coming from the Grand Canyon State See you June 12 2009

—Deanna Adams