Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

What did you do for your Hybrid today

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

What did you do for your Hybrid today

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-24, 08:53 AM
JustaJoe

Bikes: 2022 Kona Dr. Dew, 2022 Specialized Vado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
When the rain stops, I'll take a photo or 2, but recently on my Dr. Dew:
  • I ended up tearing up the rear Specialized Pro, so I replaced it with a WTB Venture 650bx47mm. Tubeless setup was a cinch.
  • Pulled the SRAM Apex crankset (42t, 175mm arms, GXP bottom bracket) in favor of a Shimano GRX 40t 170mm crankarm with BBR60 bb which I picked up secondhand but unused. This works much better for me!
Old 02-29-24, 07:36 AM
Cornchips

Bikes: Giant Escape 3 (2018), Giant Roam 3 (2021), Specialized Sirrus X 3.0 (2022)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 66 Posts
I installed a 25mm setback Ritchey seatpost on my Specialized Sirrus X 3.0.

It has made a difference to my riding experience - the seat is a lot more comfortable, and it does give me a bit more room, but I still feel a little cramped, particularly on the handlebars. I'm thinking the next step is a longer stem?

It's a pity because the Sirrus X 3.0 is almost a good bike for me. I feel like the XL is slightly too small and I haven't managed to 'dial it in' to my satisfaction. As a result, I haven't been riding it as much as I would have liked.

I'm trying to figure out what is different between the Sirrus X 3.0 and the Giant Roam, but the Sirrus X just feels a little 'off' to me, geometry wise.

Old 02-29-24, 11:04 AM
daywood 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Leebob69
My education just keeps marching on. Yesterday after a 20 mile ride I parked the Sirrus in the driveway. Walked into the garage and BANG I hear my bike fall over. It had been windy all day and some pretty good gusts.
Lesson 1. Pay attention to the wind and how you park your bike. Lesson 2. If my bike lands on the derailleur the hanger will bend and not just a little.
Lesson 3. Have a good relationship with your LBS. They called me an hour and a half after I left the bike with them. They straightened my hanger and found a new spare one in their parts bins for me. On a Saturday no less. I left a happy boy.
Well, at least you can blame it on wind. A couple of years ago I took a freshly repainted and resto-modded bike out for its inaugural ride. Before getting it dirty I propped it against a fence for a photo. As I was walking away from it to set up the perfect photo angle, I heard a big crash and turned around to find it laying in a heap on the asphalt. I got away with a few scratches and a bruised ego, as this happened at the edge of the parking lot where several people were loading or unloading their bikes.

Not specifically because of this event, I’ve since picked up a rear derailleur alignment tool. Not only can you check alignment, you can tweak bent hangers back into alignment with it. I now use it on every frame I acquire and as part of maintenance on bikes I’ve been riding for a while. The hangers get knocked out of alignment, and I’ve found it makes a difference in the quality of shifting if I correct even minor misalignment. I highly recommend having one in your toolkit. There are inexpensive ones to be had in the usual places.
Likes For daywood: