Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Trek Madone SLR Steering Limiter Broken?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Trek Madone SLR Steering Limiter Broken?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-22, 04:48 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Does anyone know if Trek put this design defect into the upcoming 2023 Domane?
Old 07-15-23, 11:34 PM
MadOneKenobi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exigeken
I am to take my bicycle back into my LBS and they are taking photos and making a warranty claim. They have been talking direct to Trek. No the frame doesn't look damaged just the paintwork. I will update this post once I have more details. It's clearly a design issue.
just had the same issue for my 2022 project one. I would like to ask if they replace your fork for free?
Old 07-16-23, 04:09 AM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 644 Posts
Not very reassuring has Trek done something to correct it ???? Unacceptable to see such flaw affecting a12000$ bike
Old 07-16-23, 04:47 AM
exigeken

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MadOneKenobi
just had the same issue for my 2022 project one. I would like to ask if they replace your fork for free?
Yes my LBS dealt with Trek and they replaced the front fork as it was chipped. I did not pay for the replacement fork. This happened almost as soon as I bought the bicycle and so the thought was that they had forgotten to install the rubber stoppers that stop the fork from spinning round to far.

Over a period of time the stoppers can break or wear of course, but there was none installed at first on my Madone. I hope this helps?