Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New member! Keen novice bike builder and rider!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-23, 03:26 PM
zombiemax69

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

New member here... I love learning about the mechanics of things and since I don't have the space to pull cars to bits anymore I'm enjoying building bikes. I've recently put together a carbon racer using a BH Speedrom frame, a 350w 36v hybrid ebike using a Whyte Portabello as a base and a Yose kit - made for my commute from Watford into London, also have a couple of other bikes... just picked up a Dahon Mu Uno to take on the tube with me, but it appears to be damaged

Before I got into bikes/cycling I was mainly restoring old Japanese cars in my spare time... sold most of them off when I moved down south, but kept a couple of old Nissan Bluebird Turbos.

I work in music, but recently have been diagnosed with tinnitus and hearing damage - been off work for a few months now, but slowly getting back in to it!

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me on the forum
Old 01-25-23, 04:12 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2479 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,674 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiemax69
Hey everyone,

New member here... I love learning about the mechanics of things and since I don't have the space to pull cars to bits anymore I'm enjoying building bikes. I've recently put together a carbon racer using a BH Speedrom frame, a 350w 36v hybrid ebike using a Whyte Portabello as a base and a Yose kit - made for my commute from Watford into London, also have a couple of other bikes... just picked up a Dahon Mu Uno to take on the tube with me, but it appears to be damaged

Before I got into bikes/cycling I was mainly restoring old Japanese cars in my spare time... sold most of them off when I moved down south, but kept a couple of old Nissan Bluebird Turbos.

I work in music, but recently have been diagnosed with tinnitus and hearing damage - been off work for a few months now, but slowly getting back in to it!

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me on the forum
Welcome! You're quite the energetic guy, clearly. In fact, before I got to your note on working in music, I'd already thought of a quote regarding productivity, from songwriter Randy Newman, who'd been asked for his thoughts on Elton John:

"What impresses me most about Elton John is how prolific he is. He's written three songs while I'm still brushing my teeth."

Tinnitus---I hear you. (Joke stolen from an episode of the Simpsons.) I played in bands in the mid-'70s, standing on cramped stages in bars and clubs and using a---pause to find my tape measure and walk into my music room---6-foot-tall amp stack. Unfortunately, standing where I had to squeeze in next to the amp, my left ear was at exactly the same height as a speaker.

About the damage Dahon---there's a very active Folding Bikes forum here, as well as an even busier Mechanics forum, plus an ebike forum. Post some more in Introductions or any of the other subforums to get past the required 10 posts (maximum 5 per day for those 10 posts), and you can begin uploading pictures of your bikes, sending and receiving private messages with other forum users, etc.
Old 01-29-23, 06:24 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,618 Times in 2,122 Posts
Welcome. You’ll fit in well!

Old 01-30-23, 12:35 AM
zombiemax69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And I just bought a Raleigh Activator 2 lol... o know it's a dreadful bike, but I had one as a child! Going to restore it fully.
Old 01-30-23, 12:43 AM
zombiemax69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiemax69
And I just bought a Raleigh Activator 2 lol... o know it's a dreadful bike, but I had one as a child! Going to restore it fully.
it weighs about the sams as my ebike
Old 01-31-23, 12:28 AM
zombiemax69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts