Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Planning a new bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 10:32 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by adamrice
Maybe take a look at Rodriguez Cycles. For custom bikes, their prices seem pretty reasonable, and the company has been around for a long time. Possibly the Rainier, although they're speccing that with Tektro long-reach caliper brakes (I had a bike with these…just say no), but I think you'd really want cantis for a bike like that. Or discs.
I have a custom tandem by Rodriguez, it is around 30 years old. Nice workmanship. I have never seen one of their uprights but the tandem we have has very nice frame and back then, the prices were reasonable for what you get. Leadtime is the issue with custom frames and the parts to build it up. It is like you need 9-12 months in advance.