Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Hiplok D1000 availability?

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 05-10-22, 04:55 AM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I figured a bike lock constituted a "gadget"... If it should be in a more suitable forum elsewhere, mods feel free to move.

Does anyone have any information on the availability of the Hiplok D1000?

The most recent I've found is the start up pre-order/pledge period ended October of '21 and they were supposed to ship March of this year. I can't find any vendors that offer it or even a way to "pre-order". I did see it listed with an estimated price in Euros so I assume it is a European product - which might add complexity in getting to the US.

Are there any other comparable locks that angle grinders with cut off wheels can't cut through (in any reasonable time with little effort anyway)?
Old 06-26-22, 02:43 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
https://hiplok.com/product/hiplok-d1...lock-waitlist/