Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

What did you just buy for your fat bike?

Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

What did you just buy for your fat bike?

Old 09-30-21, 04:04 PM
flieger

Bikes: 2016 Kona Wo, 2021 Fatback Corvus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 13 Posts
Just put a Wolftooth 28T chainring on to replace the 30T that was on the Fatback. Now have 28/52 for a granny gear and yes I use it a lot.

Old 10-10-21, 07:59 PM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
Maybe pics later. At the start of summer I bought a narrow wheel set for my fat bike. These were 135/170 hubs with 29x28mm rims , 36 spoke from I think it's called THE HOUSE BOARD SHOP website,. called fattie-slims. Great deal for $99 and no regrets.

The Quando cup and cone bearing hubs are good, really, as long as you've got cone wrenches. I had to adjust the axle position on the front hub to get the brake caliper to fit. That was tricky.
I posted somewhere else about this.

The narrow wheels were mainly to allow mixed surface loaded touring we did over the summer.

It worked great. Used latex ribbons from Fatty Stripper which o learned about from these forums.

I have yet to convert the fat tires to Fatty Strippers, but I have the latex ribbons now. Once I realized that these make burping most unlikely, I'm very enthused.

The tubeless conversion of the not tubeless rims was flawless.

Recently someone donated a nice XT 10 speed rear derailleur (with clutch) to me, and I will cobble that onto my fat bike and put the fat tires back on for trap fun.

Research shows that this 10 speed may work acceptably with a SRAM 9 shifter like I have on the 9 cassettes, or I can add a spacer at the cable clamp. Love the bike hacks and making weird stuff work together.

We shall see. Currently running a 9 speed XT. Seems like why bother. Well why not.
Old 09-24-22, 12:08 AM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
Well I see there is zero activity here, but I'm here so I'll update the Mukluk has that is new.

New tires, that is all. H Billy front and Nate rear.