Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Issues with Garmin Connect not starting on PC?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-22, 08:16 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts

Is anyone having problems getting Garmin Connect to load/start on a Windows 10 PC? It ran flawlessly for me until last week, and now I either get a tab that says ' Success' along with the circle of waiting doom, or (rarely) it comes up with a Garmin screen that says they have crashed, and to try again later. Garmin Express still works.
I'm afraid I may be losing all my ride and routes data

Last edited by Bald Paul; 03-13-22 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-13-22, 09:29 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4245 Post(s)
Liked 1,349 Times in 936 Posts
Garmin's website is having issues. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.

Try cancelling/refreshing the page. That works for me.

Not only is there a problem (being really slow), what's taking so long isn't doing anything useful.

It's working like normal for me now.

Last edited by njkayaker; 03-13-22 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-13-22, 11:36 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
I've had issues pulling up the GC website too for the last couple days from my PC. Haven't tried the phone browser, but the GC app on my phone seems to do what it's supposed to do and shows me what I expect.

I've noticed that when I first try to go to GC that the browser seems to be attempting to login, but never finishes. If I close the browser tab for GC, then immediately go to GC again, that it goes to the site with no trouble.

They are still having issues today. Nothing new for Garmin, it's happened many times in the past, though it has been a while. They sometimes take awhile to completely resolve the issues.
Old 03-13-22, 11:52 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've had issues pulling up the GC website too for the last couple days from my PC. Haven't tried the phone browser, but the GC app on my phone seems to do what it's supposed to do and shows me what I expect.

I've noticed that when I first try to go to GC that the browser seems to be attempting to login, but never finishes. If I close the browser tab for GC, then immediately go to GC again, that it goes to the site with no trouble.

They are still having issues today. Nothing new for Garmin, it's happened many times in the past, though it has been a while. They sometimes take awhile to completely resolve the issues.
Yes, right after I posted I tried again, and it's about a 50/50 chance of it connecting. At least I know it's not my computer or some setting that may have changed with a recent update.
Old 03-13-22, 12:27 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
You can ignore this post if you like, I'm here to give a little context on what's going on. Recommend you read but you won't miss anything terribly important if not.

Garmin Connect is a computer program, basically like any other, but it runs on Garmin's servers. It doesn't run on your computer. GC is programmed to answer requests from members, when you go to the web site your computer is making a request and it's answered with "here's something to show the human."

What this means is that nothing you can accidentally do on your computer (setting, update, whatever) can have broken the Connect software. It also means that if you're consistently having trouble from one device, you're likely to see the same thing from a different one. But it's worth trying because none of us knows what the problem is. It could be something intermittent.
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 03-13-22, 03:12 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4245 Post(s)
Liked 1,349 Times in 936 Posts
Again, there's something wrong with the website. It has nothing to do with your computer.
Old 03-13-22, 03:45 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
Again, there's something wrong with the website. It has nothing to do with your computer.
I don't think the OP now believes it is their computer's fault.

Their last sentence seems to confirm that
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
At least I know it's not my computer or some setting that may have changed with a recent update.
Likes For Iride01: