Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Stress+ stomach bug hanging on

Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Old 06-04-23, 05:29 PM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts

I have anxiety and depression issues last week we had grandkid grade and middle school graduations. I also picked up a bug of some type . Driving and crowds are my big anxiety triggers. Between these I am having a rough time regaining energy levels. Last ride I forced myself to go, and only got 5 miles.
Likes For plumberroy:
Old 06-05-23, 08:00 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,782 Times in 3,300 Posts
I have anxiety. But I don't know that it affects me riding. However I do many times have to force myself to go for a ride. So force yourself to go for another ride before you go too long without riding at all.

I've never regretted riding once I get on the bike and start pedaling. However sometimes my legs don't get good and limbered up until 45 - 90 minutes into the ride. So if you cut short your ride because your legs didn't seem to want to pedal, then just keep going till they understand what they are supposed to do.
Old 06-05-23, 08:17 AM
RB1-luvr
I don't know.

Bikes: '90 B'stone RB-1, '92 B'stone RB-2, '89 SuperGo Access Comp, '03 Access 69er, '23 Trek 520, '14 Ritchey Road Logic, '09 Kestrel Evoke, '08 Windsor Tourist, '17 Surly Wednesday, '89 Centurion Accordo, '15 CruX, '17 Ridley X-Night, '89 Marinoni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked 848 Times in 443 Posts
5 is better than nothing. Hang in there and keep at it.
Old 06-06-23, 10:44 AM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Well I figured out why I felt bad. Yesterday evening the right side of my face started swelling. I struggled through work . Around 4:00 this morning one of the charge nurses decided she needed to doctor me. I trust most charge nurses more than most Doctors. Got home this morning slept about an hour before I was back up. Called up the manager of our dental center and was in the chair within an hour. I'm on antibiotics and have an appointment to get 2 teeth removed.
I'm maintenance at a level one trauma center.