Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Replacing rear alloy on carrera crossfuse 21 inch

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 11:04 PM
Sotcon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys

My rear wheel got hit out of shape on my carrera crossfuse 21 inch.
The rear wheel rim is warped out of shape so i have to change it. The halfords guy was quoting aroung 80 pounds . Was wondering if i can get cheaper, but still good. Where to get and which ones? After i get them, will take it in to halfords to put together and check. Cheers for any advice
Old 06-06-23, 03:43 AM
Herzlos

Bikes: Way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 363 Posts
If there's a local bikeshop near you then you can see if they can straighten it for you, which should be cheaper than replacing the whole thing. It could be as simple as the spoke tension.
Old 06-06-23, 10:11 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotcon
Hi guys

My rear wheel got hit out of shape on my carrera crossfuse 21 inch.
The rear wheel rim is warped out of shape so i have to change it. The halfords guy was quoting aroung 80 pounds . Was wondering if i can get cheaper, but still good. Where to get and which ones? After i get them, will take it in to halfords to put together and check. Cheers for any advice
That is about right for a pretty cheap but decent enough quality rear wheel. I would get it replaced so you can get riding again. You can probably find wheels of lower quality and initially lower price that is always an option but would I recommend it, no. They are not going to be lasting wheels and nobody at a shop is going to recommend getting them.
Old 06-06-23, 10:54 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Depending on why your current wheel is warped it might be very fixable by a wheel person at a bike shop. Not a department store.

If you decide to get another wheel then after you've ridden it for a while, take it to a wheel person and let them check it. Do the same for your other wheel that isn't messed up.. yet. Spokes sometimes loosen up after the initial use. Particularly machine made or mass produced wheels on a assembly line.

Price you were quoted seems very reasonable for a budget wheel.

welcome to BF!
Likes For Iride01: