Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

bike rack for beach cruisers which have fenders

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-21, 04:19 PM
Chris MM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, we have 2-inch hitch and 2 beach cruisers and look for a bike rack which fits to the cruisers. The problem is that the cruisers have fenders and the arm holding the bikes in place from the platform rack seems to damage the fender. Does anyone have any idea what rack works well?
Old 09-08-21, 04:36 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
I mount the bike with the wheel arm in front of the fender, then use 2 pull straps. One to hold the front wheel in the tray (to keep wheel from bouncing), and another to hold the arm to the bike frame (as a safety measure). Been on road trips with no issues.

I have the Thule T-2 and I transport 2 50+ lb bikes with fenders this way

Last edited by restlessswind; 09-08-21 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-08-21, 05:05 PM
Chris MM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by restlessswind
I mount the bike with the wheel arm in front of the fender, then use 2 pull straps. One to hold the front wheel in the tray (to keep wheel from bouncing), and another to hold the arm to the bike frame (as a safety measure). Been on road trips with no issues.

I have the Thule T-2 and I transport 2 50+ lb bikes with fenders this way
Thank you for the info! One fenders of the beach cruiser goes quite far around and has light attached. I wonder if the arms of the Thule T2 can be used as a frame mount? How far can they tilt upwards?
Old 09-08-21, 06:01 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris MM
Thank you for the info! One fenders of the beach cruiser goes quite far around and has light attached. I wonder if the arms of the Thule T2 can be used as a frame mount? How far can they tilt upwards?
The arm won't attach to the frame. The tension is all on the tire (top and bottom). As long as the arm in front of the fender is secured, it will be fine, just use the straps to secure the arm and wheel
Old 10-11-21, 05:22 AM
HeatedGloves

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One who won't break :')