Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Quadlock - good for general protection of your phone?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-21, 04:41 PM
bikeamateur70

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I got an iPhone 11 and looking for ways to mount it on my bike (usually in a pocket when riding now). The Quadlock system is looking good, BUT most of the time I use it in a case with room for my credit cards as well. I drop my phone to the floor almost daily. Is Quadlock a good solution for someone rather clumsy? Is there any ways to store credit cards with the Quadlock??
Old 11-28-21, 05:12 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
AFIK, none of the integrated mounts like Quadlock, Garmin, or Panobike have a provision for card sleeves on their cases.
​​​​​​Most of the universal holders, that use 'fingers' or elastic loops to secure your device with the card holder, provided it's not too bulky. Those type of mounts tend to be bigger, and take a few seconds longer (and often two hands) to load the phone, but are typically pretty secure for most non-MTB cycling activity.
Old 11-28-21, 05:59 PM
brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 431 Times in 174 Posts
I know they do not have a card holder option, but I have several handlebar mounts (I use the Out front mount and the regular Handlebar mount) and a stick on mount for the car. They are durable and the handlebar mounts lock in very tight. I have used them on the trail and road. Very happy with mine. I have also dropped it a few times and no damage to the case or phone.
They are having a 30% off Black Friday deal running now.
https://www.quadlockcase.com/
Old 11-28-21, 06:27 PM
kwb377 
Definitely an amateur...

Bikes: Obed Baseline, Stumpy FSR

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 32 Posts
I use an OtterBox case off the bike and a QuadLock on the bike...literally takes me two seconds to swap them before a ride.

Use your favorite case off the bike, and a QL on the bike?
Old 11-30-21, 02:23 AM
kfried

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I used a Quadlock for my phone before switching to a Wahoo Bolt. I really liked the Quadlock while I used it. Nice secure attachment to the bike. And the case, along with the water protection cover, provided nice protection. But I had real trouble getting my phone out of the case. I was using a Pixel 2 XL, so it may be down to the phone. Seems like the others haven't had that experience.
Old 11-30-21, 10:49 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts
I used to be a no-case-guy… and as much as i dislike the somewhat bulky aesthetics, quadlock cases definitely offer very good protection for the phone, and very secure and easy attachment to the bike / car / whatever. No problems whatsoever with my various quad lock cases (three phones now) or the various mounts. I don’t find it hard to get in and out, although the cases do soften up a little over time. A few major drops and no phone damage.
Old 12-09-21, 03:54 PM
bikeamateur70

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I got a reply from Quadlock: No solution for the credit cards yet. I guess I rather wait, my iPhone and credit cards will probably be safe in my pocket till there is a good way to not separate them. Creative designers: this one is for you