Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Arkansas man arrested in hit and run of cyclist

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Arkansas man arrested in hit and run of cyclist

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-22, 02:07 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
[QUOTE=UniChris;22421166]
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Context is important--you comically overlook the obvious fact that I didn't say you had. I never said that you "speculated a theory" of "what happened." Only that you speculated as to what "might or might not have happened"--that's a theory of the range of plausible possibilities. It's cute that you can't call me a liar without twisting that rather obvious fact. You want to quibble over whether my use of the word "speculate" is proper in that context, that's a writing style question, not one of my honesty./QUOTE]

More baldfaced lies.

You conveniently overlook the absurd history of your own posts:

That never happened. It was a pure lie on your part.

You've dug yourself far too deep a hole: your options are to admit your error, or slink away and hope in time we all forget you did this.
You reverse engineered the range of possibilities. Keep trying but I'm bored and you're now on my ignore list. You'd been heading that way for a while now.
Old 02-25-22, 02:16 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
You reverse engineered the range of possibilities
So now you're changing your story. To a non-story. That there exits a never even stated range of possibilities is what most people refer to as "reality" or "not jumping to conclusions without evidence"

And the only part of any of my posts that could plausibly be "reverse engineering" was trying to figure out why the curb cut for the previous north 15th street even still exists - which is a streetscape quirk of potential concern wholly independent of this particular tragedy which occurred at a yet unspecified location merely in the area near that school.

At least with this backtracking you're finally admitting the truth: I never once speculated what happened.

But that belated admission can't change the fact that you've brazenly lied throughout this thread:

You're basically "reverse engineering" what you think must have happened, and then "drawing lessons" from your speculation.

That never happened.
It was a pure lie on your part - never once have I stated what I "think" happened.

Only it seems that by stating you will be sticking your fingers in your ears, you've finally admitted the reality that there is no way to defend such baldfaced, repeatedly disproven lies.

At the end of the day, all you've done is feign outrage over something that never happened outside your imagination, and then storm off in a huff.

Last edited by UniChris; 02-27-22 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-25-22, 11:00 PM
rybin

Bikes: GT Talera

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
I'm going to ignore all the drama and get straight to my point: US road infrastructure is actively hostile to anyone not in a car—bikers and pedestrians. There's a ridiculous amount of roads in the country that are not safe to bike on, full stop. Sometimes, you don't have any other option than to bike on them. What if the victim couldn't afford a car? Or they couldn't afford to fill up their car's gas tank (with inflation recently many are in this situation) and had to bike to get where they needed to go. Maybe the victim was just out for a leisure ride and made a not so wise choice (but also, still does not deserve death or injury for it), but like others have already pointed out, I don't have much information, so I'll keep the victim and their loved ones in my thoughts and refrain from any judgements

Last edited by rybin; 02-26-22 at 01:33 PM.
Likes For rybin: