Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Wahoo aquires RGT

Old 04-26-22, 01:59 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Wahoo aquires RGT

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/04/...scription.html

Zwift needs more competitors
Old 04-29-22, 04:00 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,713 Times in 2,911 Posts
As I already have a Wahoo SYSTM account I was pleased to see RGT tagged on for free. But now having tried it out I'm not overly impressed. I mean it's ok, but I found the graphics a bit disappointing along with a very limited route selection and not many events. I wouldn't say it's ready to take over from Zwift any time soon, but certainly has potential. The magic road feature could be quite useful for simulating personal routes, but otherwise I don't see anything here that would tempt me away from Zwift (other than being a freebie with SYSTM of course!)
Old 05-01-22, 08:52 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
With Wahoo’s budget I think it will change a lot in the next year. The magic roads is a embers interesting feature.
https://magicroads.org/?fbclid=IwAR2...-i6mluL7Y76SzE

I have found that most of the users on RGT are in groups on facebook. The race and group rides are not in the RGT app it’s self. Similar to Rouvy all the social aspect of the app are not in your face like they are in Zwift. I am sure that will change as they move forward.
Old 05-01-22, 03:10 PM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by Ed Wiser
The race and group rides are not in the RGT app it’s self.
Really? There was an events folder when I looked the other day.
Old 05-01-22, 07:36 PM
biketampa
I don’t live in Tampa

Bikes: 2014 Jamis Ventura Race, 2014 Cervelo P2, 2017 Raleigh Tamland 1, 2015 Jamis Trail X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Really? There was an events folder when I looked the other day.
I assume he means there are many more events that users schedule outside the event page within RGT. private events which people send out invites to others for.
Old 05-04-22, 04:00 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10247 Post(s)
Liked 11,601 Times in 5,946 Posts
I have a Wahoo subscription ending tomorrow, so I tried RGT, and I wasn't all that impressed. I rode a one of their "Magic Roads" that someone nearby had uploaded, a road I've ridden hundreds of times. They provided at least a dozen bots at various output levels, but I ended up riding the last half of an 8 mile route by myself, with no bots closer than 300m away, The graphics? They're okay, but really repetitive, like it was just a loop. Suffice to say that the addition of RGT did not convince me to re-up my Wahoo subscription.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 05-06-22, 03:23 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
As I already have a Wahoo SYSTM account I was pleased to see RGT tagged on for free. But now having tried it out I'm not overly impressed. I mean it's ok, but I found the graphics a bit disappointing along with a very limited route selection and not many events. I wouldn't say it's ready to take over from Zwift any time soon, but certainly has potential. The magic road feature could be quite useful for simulating personal routes, but otherwise I don't see anything here that would tempt me away from Zwift (other than being a freebie with SYSTM of course!)
They do have, in my opinion, other very interesting features as well: you can populate your peloton with bots which you can tailor as you want around your desired w/kg. You draft them, they draft you - all in a very realistic simulation, very similar with riding outside, even on your preferred uploaded real roads. I think they might have the best simulation in the market, regarding realistic riding in the peloton. That is totally opposed to the sluggish drafting in Zwift, where I was dropped many times even when I input 20-30% more w/kg than most of the riders around me... That was the only and decisive "no go" for me with Zwift.
But now... let's see what quality Wahoo will preserve in this area.

Last edited by Redbullet; 05-06-22 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-06-22, 11:54 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
The best feature in rgt was the speed limit down the few descents I did. No 45mph around a hairpin turn. Zwift and rouvy really need that feature.
Old 05-07-22, 06:47 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by Redbullet
They do have, in my opinion, other very interesting features as well: you can populate your peloton with bots which you can tailor as you want around your desired w/kg. You draft them, they draft you - all in a very realistic simulation, very similar with riding outside, even on your preferred uploaded real roads. I think they might have the best simulation in the market, regarding realistic riding in the peloton. That is totally opposed to the sluggish drafting in Zwift, where I was dropped many times even when I input 20-30% more w/kg than most of the riders around me... That was the only and decisive "no go" for me with Zwift.
But now... let's see what quality Wahoo will preserve in this area.
This does sound interesting and I will have to give it a try. I agree Zwift drafting is quirky and not very realistic. I've done a lot of Zwift group rides/races and the drafting anomalies can be quite frustrating at times. As you say, sometimes having to put out massive efforts to hang on for no obvious reason and other times cruising along effortlessly in the same situation.
Old 05-07-22, 06:55 AM
PeteHski

One issue I'm having with RGT is that the App refuses to recognise my Polar HR monitor over BT. The only other App I've ever had this problem with is Ful Gaz. All the others I've used i.e. Zwift, Rouvy, SYSTM and Bkool connect to my HRM without any issue with the same hardware (iMac). This would be a show-stopper for me if it wasn't bundled with SYSTM, which I'm using anyway for structured training.