Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

What attracts you to BMX? Help me choose gift for my Bro

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 06-03-21, 07:57 AM
Miller45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey! I want to give my brother a BMX for his birthday so that it would be a pleasant surprise for him. But unlike him, I do not understand the topic (
Help me please.
I would like to personally ask you, as professionals, what attracts them to BMX, in order to evoke incredible emotions in it.

What do you pay attention to first of all? Brand, design or tech? What attracts you to BMX?

You can help a lot to understand how not to miss with a choice.
Old 06-03-21, 12:57 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
You could ask 50 people and you will get 50 different answers. For myself as a kid in the 80's it was the ultimate freedom as for some reason I wanted to feel like I could fly. So when I saw people jumping their BMX's I automatically wanted to do that to. As a adult I still have that feeling and I enjoy riding BMX because I don't get bored trying to challenge myself.

I can tell you what attracted me to my first BMX. As a kid I grew up poor and had a banana seat bike. I wanted a BMX so bad I went out and got a paper route. I went to the bike shop and there it was...I didn't know a single thing about BMX, but just about every part of the bike was beautifully chromed. It was a used GT Pro Freestyle Tour. And it seemed so much cooler and nicer then the other bikes. It was $350cdn and I only made $30/month on my paper route but the kind bike shop owner let me pay it off at $30 month for a year. Later I found out that I had bought a freestyle bike and it wasn't really suited for racing but that was OK.

With your Brother there are many things we need to know.

Does he already ride bmx, and how old is he? . Does he want to race, or just cruise around?
Old 10-20-21, 09:39 AM
MaxRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
It reminds me of being a kid, like when I got my first bike. It’s a way to connect with my kids. It’s a nice challenge to learn and progress and a great stress reliever when trying to get away from work for a bit.