Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

Need Replacement Wheel Source

Search
Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-22, 12:53 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts

Sunrims M13II 622 18mm Freewheel at 120mm

Been looking for a new rear wheel replacement and I am stuck searching sites through outrageously priced, out of stock, black or mismatched hubs, rims, with mystery spokes. I frustration I would ask...

Can ya all point me to an economical supplier?

I am using a machine built Sunrims M13II 622 18mm Freewheel at 126mm bought years ago from Harris Cyclery with SS 14ga spokes. It has served me well over the years but I have literally just beat it to death ridding on my torn up asphalt roads at 240#. I would like to get a comparable replacement before I have a total failure of my dear old wheel.

I am humbled at having to place this request but I have not gotten anywhere in my search and am really stuck in a frustrating loop. Sure looks like I am going to have to just buy another rim, hub, and spokes to build my wheel... Oh Well... Fun Fun FUN...
Old 03-06-22, 01:02 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18352 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
At the top of the post you say 120mm, and say 126mm in the middle. 622mm = 700c (which will be easier to search for).

If you have time to shop, keep an eye on your local Craigslist.

If you have the time and effort, many freewheel hubs can be changed from 120mm to 130mm, and redish the wheel as needed.

Just look at the stack of spacers on the non-drive side of the hub. Although, mounting a 5-speed freewheel might encourage pulling spacers off of both sides of the hub.
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 03-12-22, 06:06 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Sunrims M13II 622 18mm Freewheel at 120mm

Been looking for a new rear wheel replacement and I am stuck searching sites through outrageously priced, out of stock, black or mismatched hubs, rims, with mystery spokes. I frustration I would ask...

Can ya all point me to an economical supplier?

I am using a machine built Sunrims M13II 622 18mm Freewheel at 126mm bought years ago from Harris Cyclery with SS 14ga spokes. It has served me well over the years but I have literally just beat it to death ridding on my torn up asphalt roads at 240#. I would like to get a comparable replacement before I have a total failure of my dear old wheel.

I am humbled at having to place this request but I have not gotten anywhere in my search and am really stuck in a frustrating loop. Sure looks like I am going to have to just buy another rim, hub, and spokes to build my wheel... Oh Well... Fun Fun FUN...
I have a Mavic OpenPro 32 spoke, with an Ultegra hub that will work with 9,10, 11 speed and only had it for a wheel on Kickr Snap trainer. If your interested, let me know.

Brian

Old 03-12-22, 06:49 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
You might check out prowheelbuilder.com. Not as cheap as a mass produced wheels from an outfit like velomine, but not super expensive.

If you select components for them to build, be sure and look at the availability of the parts - if you want it reasonably fast you have to choose parts that are in their inventory.
Old 04-13-22, 10:23 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
Originally Posted by trunkle568
hello I got one yeah looks perfectly like what you explained above, pm me on 989-941-6022
Who are you? I received your message that you have an available wheel but when researching your profile I have found that that same message has been sent to multiple members on different parts. You have requested a response to a phone number but I am reluctant to call in that more information on your profile is not present.

https://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?searchid=13926137
Old 04-28-22, 06:40 AM
irideiam

Bikes: Various Vintage City Bikes, Cruisers, and Gravel/Adventure Bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 3 Posts
Go with a set of Velocity rims from https://www.velomine.com

For your application I would go with the Velocity Dyad 700C model in silver 36 spoke, I am a heavy rider as well and run these on touring, gravel and city bikes. Go with MSW for rim brakes and NMSW for disc. I even have a set of the Velocity Cliffhangers 650Bs on a MTB that have disc hubs and MSW (Machined side walls) so I can use them on different bikes with rim or disc brakes.

You can get Universal Cycles to build them as well with your choice of hubs for less than Pro Wheel Builder
https://www.universalcycles.com/wheelkit.php

Last edited by irideiam; 04-28-22 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-01-22, 06:15 AM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,881 Times in 843 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Who are you? I received your message that you have an available wheel but when researching your profile I have found that that same message has been sent to multiple members on different parts. You have requested a response to a phone number but I am reluctant to call in that more information on your profile is not present.

https://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?searchid=13926137
Scammer report him