Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

CAAD9 6 advice please

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

CAAD9 6 advice please

Old 05-27-22, 11:35 AM
blimite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CAAD9 6 advice please

Newbie here, been riding a Giant hybrid, looking for a used road bike at a decent price to get into some road riding.
There is a 2008 or 9 (not sure how to tell) CAAD9 6 available and seller wants $550.
Can anyone tell me if assuming all is good mechanically and it feels good while testing, this is a fair price ?
Looks like a Tiagra set. Shimano rims. Probably all stock.

Thanks in advance !
Bob
Old 05-27-22, 03:27 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6173 Post(s)
Liked 4,791 Times in 3,305 Posts
You might can figure out the year by what group set is on it. If the group set is original to the bike. Price seems high to me. This is probably a 9 speed bike isn't it?

If it's had 10 speed Tiagra put on it, then maybe it'd be a little more worth paying the extra asking that the seller wants as that would be the same Tiagra sold today and you can still get parts, plus your upgrade to 11 speed will be a little easier if you ever get upgrade-itus. Though having had it once, I can say I'd have been better off buying a new bike.

If you get it make certain everything works or deduct what a bike shop would charge to fix. Also make sure it fit you well and that you like the position it put you in. If you think you need to raise the bars, then it's the wrong bike for you.

In some areas, I've seen bike shops offer a pre-purchase inspection on bikes. Though the seller might have to be amicable to leaving the bike for a day or so. Also might make for a safe meet place with seller if doing this in person.

Welcome to BF.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-27-22 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-28-22, 05:55 PM
blimite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, !
Yes, it has the Tiagra on it.
Going to keep it bookmarked and look around this week. See what else if anything else pops up.
Old 06-02-22, 12:57 PM
ARPRINCE

Bikes: 2021 Tern Verge X11 + Cannondale 2016 CAAD12 eTap + 2011 Synapse Alloy 5 Ultegra

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by blimite
Thanks, !
Yes, it has the Tiagra on it.
Going to keep it bookmarked and look around this week. See what else if anything else pops up.
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/valu...milyName=CAAD9
Old 06-02-22, 03:23 PM
blimite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks --
I have used this site in the past, but it seems that the used market is well above most of these values.