Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

White Turbo Reissue?

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

White Turbo Reissue?

Old 10-13-09, 08:29 PM
ern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have seen the new one up close and disagree with the statement above. not only are they lighter, but they are really comfy from the get go. also, the silkscreening seems like the exact same as the original. i have two of the oldschool ones from the 80s and both's decals rubbed off of the sides. its even lighter than the aluminum railed version that i have. i still ride an oldschool perf. black one and to be honest, the newer one seems a little bit better padded.
if you can score one, do it. i bet that selle italia will make more, since the first batch sold so well. also, don't pay more than $40 for the new one.
Old 10-13-09, 09:19 PM
robotphood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought they retailed for $59.99? My LBS has them for $48 on sale
Old 10-18-09, 09:10 PM
kato7997

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
also, they are a good "vegan" option...
Old 11-03-09, 05:03 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Bumping this thread: I posted a thread in Road cycling and was directed here.

Has anyone tried the SOMA reproduction/knockoff/homage saddles? [/URL]I am intrigued by the Hisan, which seems to be a Selle Italia Flite repro, except that it has steel rails and a synthetic cover (which argues for use on my CX/rain bike).

Old 05-26-22, 06:58 PM
redcolnago

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
I like my old Selle San Marco Rolls with white perforated leather and brass logo plates. Very comfy and looks great.
had to respond years later.....ironic that you have a good eye for a beautiful.but dirty saddle, but you have zero taste in bicycles...that is the ugliest bike ever...there can not possibly be any uglier bikes out there..or do you have a collection?...lol...did you get that bike by losing a bet?
Old 05-26-22, 08:00 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by redcolnago
had to respond years later.....ironic that you have a good eye for a beautiful.but dirty saddle, but you have zero taste in bicycles...that is the ugliest bike ever...there can not possibly be any uglier bikes out there..or do you have a collection?...lol...did you get that bike by losing a bet?
Reviving a zombie thread just to say a bike is ugly.

That’s crazy.

And you obviously haven’t seen my wife’s electro forged step through schwinn.
Likes For SkinGriz:
Old 05-27-22, 09:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by redcolnago
What the heck is this? You revive a thread from 2009 to trash someone? Why did you have to respond? what did you add to this discussion 13 years later?

TejanoTrackie is a real good dude, who does have a ton of bikes and actually races them which is neat because he is not a youngin' anymore. I would much rather have his "ugly bikes" then your ugly attitude.
Likes For veganbikes: