Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Looking for hanger for my Suntour VG-T LUXE Rear Derailluer

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-21, 10:59 AM
Nubra 

Bikes: Miyata six-ten, Miyata Grand Touring, Univega Sport Tour, Univega Gran Turismo, 80's Trek MTB, 2008 Dahon Mariner

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 58 Posts

Hello all,
I found three of these in local bike coop and no hangers to be found in the parts. If anyone has the hangers, or more importantly HEX BOLTS, and possibly, the shims, would be so happy to buy a couple to make these baby's work for the rebuilds of a five and six speed Centurion and Raleigh. I would be willing to trade one of the mechs (they are dirty but they are straight with pulleys in excellent condition) in trade for a hex bolt. I feel lucky to have one hex bolt!

Thanks in advance. I am cross posting in sales but wanted to post here to try and get across to as many people as possible. If this offends anyone, let me know and I will have moderator remove post.
Cheers!
Nubra

This one has a hanger, but it is missing one shim.

This is teh hanger I am looking for

Last edited by Nubra; 06-14-21 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-13-21, 12:33 PM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,326 Times in 782 Posts
I solved this problem (missing bolt, no shims) by using a different bolt and a bit I made from a brass plumbing fixture. I bored it to fit the bolt, turned a recess for the bolt head, and turned the other end to be a sleeve. The bolt was 2mm smaller than the hole in the mech, so sleeve was made to be a good fit that rotates (with grease) on both the bolt and the hole:

Old 06-14-21, 11:25 AM
Nubra 

Bikes: Miyata six-ten, Miyata Grand Touring, Univega Sport Tour, Univega Gran Turismo, 80's Trek MTB, 2008 Dahon Mariner

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by oneclick
I solved this problem (missing bolt, no shims) by using a different bolt and a bit I made from a brass plumbing fixture. I bored it to fit the bolt, turned a recess for the bolt head, and turned the other end to be a sleeve. The bolt was 2mm smaller than the hole in the mech, so sleeve was made to be a good fit that rotates (with grease) on both the bolt and the hole:

I really admire all the members who have machining skills. Wish I could do the same, but a little beyond my reach. VERY cool solution to make a really excellent mech usable.
Cheers!

Old 06-14-21, 12:54 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 257 Posts
I < think > I still have all of the pieces-parts from my Fuji's original V-GT Luxe. Yes, it had a claw... Lemme check...