Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How long before refueling

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

How long before refueling

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-22, 05:39 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Why are all vegans so preachy and holier than thou.
They're not.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Likes For Homebrew01:
Old 01-04-22, 05:45 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,856 Times in 6,071 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
They're not.
The vegan who isn't preachy or holier-than-thou leaves no impression, like the bicyclist who waits for the green light, or stops at stop signs, or the pickup truck driver who passes you with a nice, wide berth and doesn't shout anything rude or obscene.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 01-05-22, 09:56 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
The vegan who isn't preachy or holier-than-thou leaves no impression, like the bicyclist who waits for the green light, or stops at stop signs, or the pickup truck driver who passes you with a nice, wide berth and doesn't shout anything rude or obscene.

I've had a couple of times guys in black pickups have rolled down their windows next to me at a stoplight, and I was thinking "here we go" expecting the usual insult stuff. Then, they actually were making pleasant small talk with me.

My best "preachy diet guy" story is a guy I met in the 1980s who started lecturing me over dinner about how I shouldn't eat anything with white sugar in it because "it crosses the blood/brain barrier". He was drinking a beer at the time and kept going to the bathroom to snort coke. Out of respect to the other people at the table, I didn't argue with him because, what's the point? We were all supposed to pretend he had a small bladder, I guess. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a vegan, but it's been 30+ years.
Old 01-05-22, 10:10 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,856 Times in 6,071 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I've had a couple of times guys in black pickups have rolled down their windows next to me at a stoplight, and I was thinking "here we go" expecting the usual insult stuff. Then, they actually were making pleasant small talk with me.

My best "preachy diet guy" story is a guy I met in the 1980s who started lecturing me over dinner about how I shouldn't eat anything with white sugar in it because "it crosses the blood/brain barrier". He was drinking a beer at the time and kept going to the bathroom to snort coke. Out of respect to the other people at the table, I didn't argue with him because, what's the point? We were all supposed to pretend he had a small bladder, I guess. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a vegan, but it's been 30+ years.
And it's a damn good thing it does.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 01-07-22, 01:15 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
I find that whenever I think I need food because I'm feeling a little wonky, I'm probably dehydrated and should just drink more water.
Likes For NomarsGirl: