Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bagtastic!

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Bagtastic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-21, 10:37 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,676 Times in 827 Posts
Bagtastic!

Ordered a Rhinowalk bag for my 20-inch folder. Just $21 from AliExpress with free shipping! The best deal I found on Amazon was $38 including shipping.

After much research, the bag is exactly as I expected: heavy-ish plasticized canvas-like material, like a better folding chair, but still you'd want to be careful not to poke it or drag it in rough concrete. And the shoulder straps could be a little longer and wider for more comfortable carrying. However I plan to find a cushioned wrap to put over them.

It fits the bike well, and there is just enough play to grab under the rear of the seat and carry things that way if need be; or the zipper can be opened to allow the seat to poke through.

When carrying it slung over the shoulder, if the wheels are to your front they will rest against the back of your arm if you push the bag behind you slightly for better control when walking.

At around 34-lbs, my Dahon Boardwalk would be a little heavy to carry this way for long distances. But in a train or bus station, or into an office building, or into a restaurant, etc, it would be fine...especially if you are not at a stage in life where you worry much about your back.

Folded, the bag weighs less than expected, and slips onto the handlebars...even my mini bull-horns! It would easily fit in a backpack or medium ride bag, or could be secured to the rear rack somehow.

Likes For BobbyG: