Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Lectric XP Premium

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Lectric XP Premium

Old 04-26-22, 02:26 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 448 Posts
The micro ebikes that I bought in OCT 2021 has small 14" steel wheels with tubeless tires.

The fat tire ebike I purchased prior to pandemic has 20x4.0 cast wheels with tubed tires.

I wish there is something in between, cast wheel for narrow tires but larger diameter than 14".

Last edited by cat0020; 01-01-23 at 08:56 AM.
Likes For cat0020:
Old 05-02-22, 05:38 PM
Sempervee

Bikes: Cannondale Quick Disk 5 & Rad Power Mini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
WE would really be interested in buying 2 of those once the concept is proven or when out of RAD warranty period upgrading our RAD Mini's to double battery, Hydraulic brakes and larger Front Chain ring to 52 tooth.
Old 07-12-22, 04:16 AM
DrDefore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Premium preorders had a projected delivery of July. Anyone received their bikes or received shipping info.
Old 07-25-22, 11:16 AM
Furebear

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered mine the minute they opened up the line for orders and got that my order would ship first two weeks of June....then told me end of June for sure....then told me going out first part of July....then end of July....got FedEx notice of label printed and estimate delivery 22nd....to date...25th...the bikes have not even left the warehouse. Been trying to contact them but not answering emails nor picking up phone so far.....beginning to think I have been played.
Old 07-29-22, 02:14 PM
JJM001

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Furebear
I ordered mine the minute they opened up the line for orders and got that my order would ship first two weeks of June....then told me end of June for sure....then told me going out first part of July....then end of July....got FedEx notice of label printed and estimate delivery 22nd....to date...25th...the bikes have not even left the warehouse. Been trying to contact them but not answering emails nor picking up phone so far.....beginning to think I have been played.
Ordered my XPremium in late June and I got a notice that the FedEx label had been printed and my order was to arrive on the 27 of July. It never showed up and the FedEx tracking status say it is Pending. I have also emailed Lectric with nothing back from them. Hope we haven't been played also, I don't think so but it would be nice to hear something back. Has anyone received their XPremium order?
Old 07-29-22, 04:25 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
Lectric is an established company, so all this talk of being "played" is ridiculous. The supply chain is horrible right now, so that's going to delay everything. On the other hand, it would benefit you, and ESPECIALLY them (as a company) to let you all know about delays and such. Honestly, after all I've seen about them, my opinion has definitely changed.

fooferdoggie - I apologize. Seems you were on point the whole time. They're not what I'd expected (youtube'ers are definitely biased, and I fell for the crap hook, line, and sinker). They're a good, bottom basement ebike, but be prepared to "get what you pay for".
Old 07-30-22, 02:29 PM
JJM001

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I received an email from Lectric and my bike should be here Monday. They said it a back up with FedEx on picking up orders and that they post a ETA before they have pick up the order. So I'll keep my fingers crossed, the FedEx site does say that it is in rout.
Likes For JJM001:
Old 07-31-22, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer01

Bikes: 13 that you can pedal. XPremium & XP Lite most are the most recent as of Aug22..

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Received mine Saturday 7/30 from the May preorder.

Couple issues right out of the box but have 17 miles on it now. Looking forward to customizing it.

The lower folder hoof is smaller than I expected and has a plate on it too. Looks more like a skid plate instead.

Old 08-01-22, 11:53 AM
JJM001

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trailblazer01
Received mine Saturday 7/30 from the May preorder.

Couple issues right out of the box but have 17 miles on it now. Looking forward to customizing it.

The lower folder hoof is smaller than I expected and has a plate on it too. Looks more like a skid plate instead.

My bike showed up early today, box was kind of beat up but everything looks okay. I have it on the charger now, the charger will only allow one battery to be charged at a time so it will be tonight before I get a chance to ride it. Does anyone know if I bought a second charge could I charge both batteries at the same time.
Old 08-01-22, 01:02 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Do you need both batteries on the bike in order for it to be ridden?
Old 08-01-22, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer01

Bikes: 13 that you can pedal. XPremium & XP Lite most are the most recent as of Aug22..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JJM001
My bike showed up early today, box was kind of beat up but everything looks okay. I have it on the charger now, the charger will only allow one battery to be charged at a time so it will be tonight before I get a chance to ride it. Does anyone know if I bought a second charge could I charge both batteries at the same time.
Yeah.. expected each battery to come with it's own charger. Had a second one that came with the XP Lite which uses the same.
Old 08-01-22, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer01

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cat0020
Do you need both batteries on the bike in order for it to be ridden?
You can run the single battery only in these bikes
Old 08-02-22, 05:54 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Yeah.. expected each battery to come with it's own charger. Had a second one that came with the XP Lite which uses the same.
You can run the single battery only in these bikes
If you can run the XP Premium with single battery then you can charge the other battery while one battery is being charged, no need for two chargers to charge both batteries off the ebike at the same time.
Old 08-02-22, 07:50 AM
Trailblazer01

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cat0020
If you can run the XP Premium with single battery then you can charge the other battery while one battery is being charged, no need for two chargers to charge both batteries off the ebike at the same time.

You're correct. Something to keep in mind is these batteries are discharged alternately to deliver the larger range at higher power. From my experience using single battery is as they deplete; the voltage drops a so does the power. When both batteries are at 20% it's nice before a next day ride to be capable of topping both off within a certain amount of time rather than have to wake up in the middle of the night and move the plug. I noticed the plug on the down tube battery is separate from the physical battery port so I'm wondering if maybe plugging into that port may charge both batteries?? I don't think so, but worth looking into for sure!
Old 08-07-22, 02:50 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
Does this bike use a bafang motor, or is there some other company making motors like this now that I haven't heard of yet?
Old 08-07-22, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer01

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
500w Truckrun
Likes For Trailblazer01:
Old 10-22-22, 06:13 PM
brian61

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've got 1700 miles on my XPremium. Recevied it August 8th. Fantastic bike for the $$ if you are riding paved, gravel, or cinder trails/roads. It's not a Mt Bike.
Likes For brian61: