Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

BB Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-22, 02:07 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
BB Question

Looking at the bike that has this as the Bottom Bracket on itFSA BB-PF6000/CZ Road BB-PF30 Nylon cupPressFit on the build.

This tells me the frame is a PF-30 and much better than a BB-30 right? Then I was thinking that the Wheels Manufacturing BB 386 EVO this one is much better.
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-bracket...nks-black.html

It threads together and to me would be much better in quality and use, what do you all think? Finally they list another BB on the Wheels sight this one.
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-bracket...nks-black.html
What is the difference between the two BB from Wheels? One has angular contact bearings but how does that change things.
Old 08-05-22, 02:35 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
I have the model of WM thread-together BB for a Sram DUB crank on a PF30 bike and it works great. Pretty straight forward installation and looks like a solid piece of equipment to me. I have a similar Praxis thread together BB on another PF30 bike with a Shimano Hollowtech crank and it also works great. You might just check out the Praxis offering for your crank and read some reviews to see if one suits you better than the other. But they're both great and work as advertised.

Watch some YouTube videos of installing them for tricks and hints.
I've never put in a regular PF30 BB, but have pressed in headsets a few times. I believe the thread together type are easier for the home mechanic who doesn't have "real" press tools. I use home made ones for headsets and they're OK, but not great. I imagine pressing in a BB would be a little tricker with home made tools.

Last edited by Camilo; 08-05-22 at 02:46 PM.