Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

new specialized tubeless tires T2/T5

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-22, 10:42 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts

does anyone have these yet? from the description and weight, they don’t seem to be race day tires, but maybe something more comparable to a GP5000 with decent flat resistance and wear.

only available in 28 and 30mm in tan, 26, 28, 30 in black. 260, 280, 300g.

i like the aesthetic. more restrained than a lot of other branding. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...ext=00022-1152
Old 09-21-22, 05:15 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Not those but I have a pretty fresh pair of S Works Turbo Rapid air tubliss. I think it’s their top end although the listing for the ones you have above seem pretty light, etc.

the ones I have were rated pretty well, I think in the top 13 for rolling resistance, weight, etc. but I frankly wasn’t impressed by the ride. To be fair, nothing bad about the ride either. Cornered well, felt good. I just pulled them off after about 500 miles of use and will be putting them onto the wheels I use on my Vintage De Rosa also set up tubeless as those tires were pretty beaten up, and my LBS got me some of the Conti 5000’s S TR’s at a decent price.

would love to hear how these on out of you get them though. Generally speaking I’m a pretty big fan of Specialized’s contact points like saddles, gloves, and shoes