Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

2001-2003 Burley Nomad: Where does the flag go?

Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

2001-2003 Burley Nomad: Where does the flag go?

Old 09-25-21, 06:06 PM
owgreenb

Bikes: 1980-some Cannondale ST400 touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 2001-2003 Burley Nomad: Where does the flag go?

Hi all. I just picked up a basically-NOS 2001-2003 Burley Nomad. Love this thing. My only question is: where does the safety flag go? The guy I bought it from didn't know, and the manuals on burley.com don't go back that far. The manuals for the newer Nomads tell you to put it in a pocket that, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist on my trailer. It's possible there's a detachable pocket or something that's missing, in which case I can go back to the guy I bought it from, but as it is I can't quite figure out how to put it in.

If anyone else is wondering the same thing and doesn't have any answers, I can share my workaround, but it's not pretty. I'd rather do it the right way!

Thanks!
Old 06-16-22, 06:43 AM
dmwill

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Steel Classic, 1993 Burley Samba Mixte tandem, 2002 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 2003 Co-Motion Speedster tandem, 2021 Trek Verve 3, 2021 Priority Current

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by owgreenb
Hi all. I just picked up a basically-NOS 2001-2003 Burley Nomad. Love this thing. My only question is: where does the safety flag go? The guy I bought it from didn't know, and the manuals on burley.com don't go back that far. The manuals for the newer Nomads tell you to put it in a pocket that, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist on my trailer. It's possible there's a detachable pocket or something that's missing, in which case I can go back to the guy I bought it from, but as it is I can't quite figure out how to put it in.

If anyone else is wondering the same thing and doesn't have any answers, I can share my workaround, but it's not pretty. I'd rather do it the right way!

Thanks!
Most of the internet pictures I see show the pocket on the outside of the left panel, between the wheel and the tow bar attachment. The flatbed doesn't support a flag. I found a 2003 manual on manualslib that shows on page 10 the flag pouch on the outside left panel. What's your left panel look like?

Tried posting a link to the manual, but I'm too noob to do so, sorry.
Old 06-24-22, 06:07 AM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 49 Posts
If memory serves, my old Nomad had a pocket/sleeve on the left-rear side where the flag pole plugged in.

My flag actually blew off the trailer in some heavy winds in the midwest somewhere, so you might want to find a way to secure the post in the pocket.