Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Specialized Crossroads Sport

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 12-31-21, 12:12 PM
MDowns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello everyone

I'm looking for information on how to determine the size of an old (guessing early 1990's) Specialized Crossroads Sport bike. Tire size is 700 x 45C; shifter: Santour X-1 / X-Press; color is a lighter green shade.
Old 01-01-22, 06:37 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
The frame size ? Does it have a horizontal top tube ? If so, you can measure "standover height" from the top tube to the ground.
Also, bikes of that era were usually measured in centimeters.... the distance from the center of the crank, up the seat tube. to the intersection with the top tube.

Once sloping top tubes became the fashion, that measurement method didn't really work any more. Some were measured to the imaginary point where the seat tube would have intersected a horizontal top tube.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 01-01-22 at 06:40 PM.