Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Pump track technique pointer???

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 12-18-21, 02:30 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts

Hi all,
after ~30yrs, i went back to a pump track and while I can still do the track without pedaling, pumping only, the jumps are rather rubbish——— i don t think I m getting enough speed, the approach is not correct and the position is rubbish… yes I get some air (not much) on the large flat table but on the small double, I don t and don t clear them…

admittedy, i ‘m not riding the best bike for that; it s heavy with long chain stay and low bb with 160cranks… smaller than 160 is not good for me.

any advices?
thanks