Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Ugh, falling down the rabbit hole with a Bianchi Trofeo

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Ugh, falling down the rabbit hole with a Bianchi Trofeo

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-22, 02:15 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4233 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,807 Posts
Nice looking bike.
Old 09-16-22, 10:02 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,987 Times in 1,776 Posts
A few more little things done to it. Got the second bottle cage on and then the custom Velocals chainstay protector came in and was put on. She's a beauty from 10 feet away but losses some glamour up close. On the road though it is a true champion and I looking forward to seeing how some slightly larger tires do on it.

I shot a bunch more pics yesterday:

Got a brand new Velo Orange long setback seatpost I'll put on this weekend once I hone the seattube to smooth it out. I'm also hunting a Fizik Celeste saddle that will work with my butt.

Old 09-16-22, 10:04 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

She's not mint but not bad for a 1985 bike.

Old 09-17-22, 05:37 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
I like it. I’m not a YUGE DP brake fan but the silver does tie in nicer than the black Modolo brakes.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-17-22, 09:50 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1225 Post(s)
Liked 3,543 Times in 1,407 Posts
Lovely bike. In the back of my mind, I think that if I ride a frame and it is just a little to small for me, it will make a great upright conversion to north road style bars when I'm old and don't want to lean forward at all. Problem solved!
Old 09-20-22, 09:05 PM
jamesdak 

After I got done with the Kuwahara Count this evening I went back over this Bianchi with some Meguiar's polish and was able to kick up the overall sheen another notch or two over what the Turtle Wax polish had provided. The right product really does make a difference.
Old 09-26-22, 06:55 PM
jamesdak 

Still sorting this out. Bianchi saddle today. Once the small bit of celeste shift cable housing comes in I'll replace the old and swap on some new shift cables.

I'd love to find a better matching bar tape, something more green.