Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Shimano Spares ( PD-T400 Cage Fixing Bolt Unit - Right - Y41V98090)

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-23, 09:14 AM
BiggFred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have been searching online and eBay for this part. I found one out of the UK, but shipping to Canada or the USA is $30! Can anyone tell me where I can source Shimano spare part:

PD-T400 Cage Fixing Bolt Unit - Right - Y41V98090?

It is for my commuter bike pedals. I am in Canada, but I am close to the border and can ship items to the USA .

thanks for any assistance.
Old 03-26-23, 09:23 AM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4390 Post(s)
Liked 1,555 Times in 1,020 Posts
A bike shop with a Shimano account can order it for you, and it will be cheap. Any bigger shop has a regular stream of Shimano warranty parts coming in and this can be added to those parts without a shipping charge.
Old 03-26-23, 09:42 AM
BiggFred

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
A bike shop with a Shimano account can order it for you, and it will be cheap. Any bigger shop has a regular stream of Shimano warranty parts coming in and this can be added to those parts without a shipping charge.
thanks! I’ve tried a couple local shops and the REI equivalent up here, but no luck as of yet. I guess I’ll try one of the bigger city shops and see if they can help,
Old 03-26-23, 09:44 AM
Kontact 

Originally Posted by BiggFred
thanks! I’ve tried a couple local shops and the REI equivalent up here, but no luck as of yet. I guess I’ll try one of the bigger city shops and see if they can help,
Did you ask if they have it, or if they can order it for you? They aren't going to stock the part.
Old 03-26-23, 10:32 AM
BiggFred

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Old 03-26-23, 10:33 AM
BiggFred

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Did you ask if they have it, or if they can order it for you? They aren't going to stock the part.
yeah I asked them. No luck yet. I probably am not talking to the right person at the store. I’ll keep trying. Thanks!
Old 03-26-23, 11:03 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,988 Times in 2,663 Posts
yeah I asked them. No luck yet. I probably am not talking to the right person at the store. I’ll keep trying. Thanks!
You didn't answer their question though! Did you ask them "do you have this part in stock?", Yes or No? Did you ask "can you order this part for me from Shimano?", Yes or No. I have broken it down into two questions please answer both to confirm Kontact s question.

Asking if you stock it and asking if you can order it are two very different things. REI or MEC or similar might not be able to do a lot of special ordering but your local shop that does order from Shimano as in their warehouses in Irvine or North Carolina (or whatever they might have up north in Canada) could potentially get that part or try and help you with a warranty as needed.
Old 03-26-23, 11:29 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Is there anything so exotic about that bolt that a replacement can't be found at a well stocked hardware store or from an industrial supplier like McMaster-Carr?
Old 03-26-23, 11:35 AM
Bill Kapaun
Really Old Senior Member

Bikes: 87 RockHopper,2008 Specialized Globe. Both upgraded to 9 speeds. 2019 Giant Explore E+3

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked 1,269 Times in 876 Posts
Some years back I purchased some cones from this source.
They were VERY reasonable to ship to the US. (4 inexpensive cones delivered for $14)
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pedals-c...gecurrency=USD
Old 03-26-23, 11:48 AM
BiggFred

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
You didn't answer their question though! Did you ask them "do you have this part in stock?", Yes or No? Did you ask "can you order this part for me from Shimano?", Yes or No. I have broken it down into two questions please answer both to confirm Kontact s question.

Asking if you stock it and asking if you can order it are two very different things. REI or MEC or similar might not be able to do a lot of special ordering but your local shop that does order from Shimano as in their warehouses in Irvine or North Carolina (or whatever they might have up north in Canada) could potentially get that part or try and help you with a warranty as needed.

I asked if they could order the parts. Found one on eBay for a left pedal at a reasonable cost. I will just order that.
thanks everyone for the responses!
Likes For BiggFred:
Old 03-26-23, 12:32 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 745 Posts
I asked if they could order the parts. Found one on eBay for a left pedal at a reasonable cost. I will just order that.
thanks everyone for the responses!
You might want to double check that it will work for your right side as they have different part #'s and may be reverse threaded or directional parts.
Likes For Crankycrank:
Old 03-26-23, 01:34 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2746 Post(s)
Liked 3,390 Times in 2,053 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I'd like to think a shop wouldn't need to be asked to order something such as this they don't stock, and would immediately offer to order. That's just good business.
Old 03-26-23, 02:18 PM
Kontact 

Originally Posted by dedhed
I'd like to think a shop wouldn't need to be asked to order something such as this they don't stock, and would immediately offer to order. That's just good business.
Some shops aren't aware they can order small parts from Shimano. Some shops don't want to go to the trouble of putting in a single order for a $4 part. We did it because the warranty shipments were constantly streaming in for cracked hydraulic pucks, leaking lever bodies, bad Di2 batteries, etc.
Old 03-26-23, 07:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,988 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
Some people just don't think about it or they have never ordered via Shimano or some smaller vendors and don't know the breath of their stockage and maybe don't have access to it. I have employees come to me all the time looking for a part and I say did you check X vendor (lately Shimano) and they said "no didn't think about that" or something along those lines. If there is a particular vendor you work with a lot or get a lot of orders from or something you might not always check your lesser used ones.

Plus for a tiny part like that you would be even less likely to think about it because does anyone really sell that? Yes they do or you can at least ask but many manufacturers don't sell the tiny small parts for stuff, they may give you a diagram and talk about them but they may not actually stock them. I have seen that enough sometimes even with big parts like say a fork where they have a lot of issues from the factory with forks and they don't want to stock a plain black fork to replace everything for warranty which is easier and probably more cost effective then shipping a whole new bike and shipping the old one back.
Old 03-26-23, 08:23 PM
BiggFred

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Some shops aren't aware they can order small parts from Shimano. Some shops don't want to go to the trouble of putting in a single order for a $4 part. We did it because the warranty shipments were constantly streaming in for cracked hydraulic pucks, leaking lever bodies, bad Di2 batteries, etc.

I was thinking the same thing about the part. It’s more trouble than it’s worth for a few dollars.

To answer another question from another user, I did take the piece off of my left pedal and it worked on the right one.
I love this group so many people ready to help.

cheers all!
Likes For BiggFred: