Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Kickstand

Old 03-15-23, 11:45 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
Kickstand

Will a kickstand fit on a Wabi Classic? I've tried one of those double leg types but it was a no go. Does anyone ride with a kickstand on there F.G.?
Old 03-15-23, 12:11 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
fwiw - I have the kind that clamps to the rear stays, on 2 bikes
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 03-15-23, 02:01 PM
acoustophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 59 Posts
I bought one of these so I could take easier photos of my bike on rides
Likes For acoustophile:
Old 03-15-23, 09:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,861 Times in 2,577 Posts
The only bike I would run a kickstand on is a bike heavy enough to need it and generally something with racks and fenders that I might be loading often. My e-bike has a kickstand and that is it. It is very rare on any of my other bikes would i need a kickstand and it is just weight, something else to go wrong and a poor design. The rear mounted two bolt kickstands are great but typically only found on e-bikes and Scott for a while had a kickstand for their SUB bikes which was mid mount but was two bolt and cleanly tucked into the frame so it wasn't just a loose flopper.

Greenfield in the end makes a decent quality product but the 1 bolt design is just terrible and it is not their fault nor any other kickstand brand it is just the way things ended up instead of saying hey let's standardize two bolts and charge an extra $1 and make it easy for everyone.