Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

uneven tire wear

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

uneven tire wear

Old 01-19-23, 06:11 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
uneven tire wear

My trike has a single tie rod. The right front is wearing noticeably faster than the left front. i do tend to have the right brake adjusted to stop with more force because it has the parking brake lever and has to hold the bike on hills, the left. brake is the ebike cut off brake and does not have the parking lever. I'm pretty lightweight (140lb), don't ride
very fast - anything from 10mph without motor to a max of maybe 14mph with motor). i'm not in a hurry, lol. Tires are Big Ben Plus. The wear is dead center on the tread, but there's a noticeable difference in tread between the 2 tires. i've never adjusted toe-in, i assumed
it was set initially. Does it sound like that is the issue? The wear seems to be in the last month or two. If it is toe-in, can you point me to a stupid persons how-to somewhere?
Old 01-19-23, 07:37 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked 309 Times in 200 Posts
Try this:
https://tadpolerider.com/tag/tadpole...in-adjustment/
If nothing else, you can swap the tires from one side to the other. Remember to keep the direction of rotation the same as it was before you swapped them.