Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

2014 Weight Lifting!!!!

Old 10-18-20, 04:30 PM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I was able to cut and fit the last rubber floor tile Sunday morning and could then finally bolt the rack together and set up the space. Very happy with the end result!

IronMaster IM1500 included the bench and 115kg Olympic plates
150kg Power Maxx Bumper plates
Spud Inc pulley kit
Dynafit dumbbells I've had for 30+ years
Kettlebells 12, 20, 28kg I bought a few years ago

Tried on my old weight belt from my Uni days and I had to use 4 notches larger! Confronting seeing that and has me fired up to try and get fitter again.
Likes For Dalai:
Old 10-18-20, 05:42 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalai
I was able to cut and fit the last rubber floor tile Sunday morning and could then finally bolt the rack together and set up the space. Very happy with the end result!

IronMaster IM1500 included the bench and 115kg Olympic plates
150kg Power Maxx Bumper plates
Spud Inc pulley kit
Dynafit dumbbells I've had for 30+ years
Kettlebells 12, 20, 28kg I bought a few years ago

Tried on my old weight belt from my Uni days and I had to use 4 notches larger! Confronting seeing that and has me fired up to try and get fitter again.
That looks awesome.

Since you have a power outlet there, I add this: Having a small TV in my home gym with an AppleTV attached makes long lifting or riding sessions much easier to bear. Yeah, we have our phones nearby. But having a movie, show, or Twitch stream on really helps the time fly. I’ve also seen folks install them in their garages where they wrench on their cars for hours at a time.
Old 10-18-20, 05:46 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by sixty2strat
Yes definitely agree about the coach.. Just looking back on lifting days, there is a pretty steep learning curve and not have a coach really extends that process..... now to find a coach
A word on that, online coaching is really accessible and come at all prices, but if you can find a good coach locally (after the pandemic has been managed successfully), having eyes on you in person helps a lot with form and fitting. You’ll also get many of the “finer points” that won’t be conveyed via email.
Old 10-18-20, 06:34 PM
Dalai

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
That looks awesome.

Since you have a power outlet there, I add this: Having a small TV in my home gym with an AppleTV attached makes long lifting or riding sessions much easier to bear. Yeah, we have our phones nearby. But having a movie, show, or Twitch stream on really helps the time fly. I’ve also seen folks install them in their garages where they wrench on their cars for hours at a time.
Thanks carleton. Yes TV is already on the cards. There are also a couple of double sockets not visible either side of the door. Plan is to fit a swiveling bracket in the top left corner so it can be swung around above the door. Also planning on a small stereo too but just a matter of fitting somewhere in the top back corner out of the way as it's not a big space.
Old 10-26-20, 06:25 PM
Dalai

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Oh steel how I have missed thee! Had my 4th session lifting last night after far too many years away.

Keeping it light at the moment and just the main lifts to reconnect my motor neuron pathways and work on my form but really enjoying it. Having the set up at home is so convenient! Should have done this years ago...
Old 10-28-20, 01:45 AM
ruudlaff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Yeah I was always sceptical about how much I would use a home gym, but it's been the best investment I've made for years.
Likes For ruudlaff: